I lost my son because of my addiction

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

I have been severely addicted to nurofen plus for around 18 months.

In June this year I ended up in intensive care and nearly dead as the codeine mixed with a muscle relaxant left me in a coma and serious breathing problems.

Because of this, children's service got involved and my 2 year old was placed with my sister. My son is now with other foster parents.

It looks like I will get him home, however this addiction has ruined my life.

As from tonight at 5pm I am on a detox for 8 days. I have a nurse that will come three times a day to check my blood pressure and to give me a medication called lofexidine (I think it's how you spell it) or also known as Britlofex, this will help with withdrawal symptoms.

I was offered Methadone, however, I wanted to show how serious I was in getting my son back in my care as soon as possible.

My poor little boy has suffered so much.

I have a stomach ulcer too caused by Nurofen plus and I end up in severe pain where I am bent over.

I really recommend that you all get help. Go to a drugs clinic and explain how you are addicted.

I was so scared at first however I got so much support and they are used to dealing with things like this all the time.

I just don't want anyone else to go through what I have.

I am frightened for tomorrow but my drive is my sin and that is the most important thing in my life.

I am kicking this habit and I know I will suffer but that will make sure that I never touch this again

I started taking it as I have a slipped disc in my back which causes real pain but I would rather be in pain than not have my son with me.

Wish me luck and I will keep you all updated xx

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

If anyone wants to talk, feel free to message me xx
  • Posted

Hiya Anna

Yep I wish you all the luck and hope you sort things out soon, Let us know how ya get on.

Stay safe

Pete

• Posted

What muscle relaxant were u taking hun coz I'm on them as well methcarbonal (robaxin)...which my doc prescribes also? x

• Posted

Hi Hun,

It was baclofen. They really made me sick. The doctor said I would have died, it terrified me.

I'm starting to feel a bit jittery as I normally take more tablets then I have today but it's for my son xx

• Posted

Well done hun....it's a terrible addiction....I hope u get your wee son back. There is a good group on Facebook called codeine addiction that is very good also. Google the 'Thomas Recipe' hun it gives a list of supplements that can help with withdrawal x

• Posted

Hi all,

Well day one and I haven't touched a codeine, don't get me wrong, it's on my mind a lot but whenever I need the push I look at photos of my son.

I love my beautiful boy more than the fix I get from those tablets.

I'm scared though and just want this over with and then I want my life back xx

• Posted

Good luck sweetheart you can do it .. there's nothing more important that your children and I can see how much you love your son , it's hard these pills are to easily given out and the damage they cause is emmense look forward to reading about your journey stay strong xxx

• Posted

Hi all,

Day three and withdrawals are no way as bad as I feared.

I do feel shaky but I know for my little boy I'll make it xx

• Posted

Hiya Anna

Keep going, ya doing us proud and you will soon get it sorted and have ya lad back where he belongs, all the best for the next couple days, stay safe and soon be there 😀

Pete

• Posted

Hi all,

Day four and I'm still on course. I'm so relieved that I'm doing ok.

I don't want to tempt fate but I'm feeling good and positive.

Some news regarding my son, I was told by the lady who represents my son's interests that she will recommend we belong together!!! I'm so relieved. I don't know when but it looks like I'll get my baby home in the end!! Xx

• Posted

Hi all, well here is my update. I've not touched an opiate since my detox. I do get timed I'm tempted.

I've started a relapse prevention group and it continues for six weeks

Regarding my son, I was in court last Wednesday and they are planning on rehabilitating him back home.

It will take a few months yet but I WILL get my baby back!! Need to keep on though xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.