I lost myself totally. What should I do?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I used to have a job that I enjoyed a lot. Because it was not well paid, I decided to work for myself. I quit my job and started everything all by myself. But it did not go well at the beginning. Then I realized I had to change. But after two years of adjusting, trying different kinds of things, I failed again and again. Finally I totally lost my direction. There were a lot of expectation from my family. I pushed myself very hard in achieving their goals for me. And my goal did not get support from them. Based on the value that I got from my early life, I adjusted my goal in order to make them happy. Eventually, I failed at their expectations and also my goal. Now here I am, trying to recover from all those failures, but only found myself stuck in those shadow.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i dont think you have lost yourself. To me you sound more concerned about what your family expected of you and how you feel you let them down. your just adding more pressure to yourself trying to please others. Start writing things down, keep a diary of a plan on what you want to achieve in the next 3 months or something. Set YOURSELF small but achievable goals.

• Posted

I agree with 🌹 your living your life to make others happy and forgetting that you need to make yourself happy first.

You could always go back to doing the job you did before if its possible that you can manage on a lower wage, if not maybe a good Idea would be to sit down with your family or those you feel you need support from and either show them your post or just explain the way you feel.

Either way you need to get it into your head that your far from being a failure your out their trying, I take my hat off to you, I'm positive that you will achieve great things, hopefully 2019 will be the beginning of an excellent New Year for you

• Posted

Why are you adjusting your goals to make 'them' happy? That's fine to try new things--different jobs for yourself to find out what your happy with. I would go back to the basics and find a job that you enjoy and feel good about doing. Right now I'm in a job that doesn't make me feel good; like a failure in a way so that's my goal is to find something that I enjoy. Yes money is important but it's not everything--go for what makes you happy!!

• Posted

No wonder you are feeling so down. You can't achieve other peoples goals for you only your own. Forget what others want and work out what you do then go for it. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.