I lost Pip on the changeover from DLA

Posted , 3 users are following.

DLA to PIP lost and appealed I was also getting SDP I went to appeal and won after 10 long month I was just wondering will all my Benifits be reinstated or do I have to apply for the backdated SDP again myself

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

HI,

Great news on winning that Appeal. You'll have to re-apply for the SDP because it's not automatically awarded. If you qualified the whole time then it will be back dated to when the original PIP decision was made. You won't be able to apply for this untill your payments for PIP start. Depending on how long ago you won your appeal this could take several weeks. DWP do not rush theirself when someone wins an appeal.

They can also appeal that decision. Which means they will most likely make you wait a minimum 28 days because this is how long they have to ask for the Statement of Reasons (SOR) from the Tribunal. In order for them to appeal that decison they must find an error in law in making that decision. Then they have to apply to the Upper Tribunal. Mostly they don't because it's ectremely difficult to find that error in law. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Also forgot to ask, i'm guessing it's a Daily living award you have? This is one of the criteria for SDP.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Denise yes it’s daily living so even though I won appeal and was in receipt of SDP I will have to reply again doesn’t seem fair I have to apply again after winning appeal thanks for all your advice xx

Report this

? 0

Start your own discussion Reply to irene05865's discussion

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Denise yes it’s daily living so even though I won appeal and was in receipt of SDP I will have to reply again doesn’t seem fair I have to apply again after winning appeal thanks for all your advice xx
    • Posted

Yes i'm afraid you will. As i said SDP isn't automatically awarded and your original claimed ended, so now you have to re-apply. It's an extremely easy form. Once it's sent it should only be 3-4 weeks before your payments start again.

• Posted

Thanks Denise you have been very helpful I will have to wait till I get the award letters my appeal was only on Thursday 26 October thanks again
    • Posted

You're welcome. Yes and you'll also have to wait until your PIP payments start as stated in my other post. Frustrating i know but that's how DWP work. Hopefully you're not waiting too long for your PIP to start.

• Posted

Well done for persevering. It makes me so angry that they make you jump thru so many hoops but hopeful as I to an waiting for decision, but don't expect it to be granted without appeal, send to be easy it goes. As far as aware they should back date all benefits automatically. If you could give some insight into what the appeal was like and any pointers I am sure it will be helpful to myself and many others.

• Posted

Sorry bad predictive text. Meant to put seems to be way it goes!

• Posted

It was the worse thing I’ve ever been through I waited 10 months from losing DLA to pip all I can say is gather as much medical evidence as you can and make sure you reread all your pip forms and MR papers also get someone to help with appeal either CAB or a benifit advise team they try to trip you up.. I was there a hour but it felt like a lifetime good luck 
    • Posted

I seem to be getting different answers about all benifits be reinstated I will just wait till my award letter comes 
    • Posted

When you say they should back date all benefits automatically, that's not true for Severe Disability Premium (SDP) this benefit is not automatically awarded, it has to be applied for. This includes those that were claiming previously. You'll be completely amazed at the amount of people of didn't and still don't know this benefit even exists. People are owed thousands, literally because of this.

• Posted

The Tribunal will automatically tell the DWP about the decision. DWP then have 28 days to ask for the statement of reasons, in which they'll need if they choose to appeal the decision. They have as much right to appeal as we do. Hopefully for you this won't happen. It could possibly be close to xmas before you see any backdated money. Not something you wanted to hear, i know. I'm just being honest.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.