I'm 12 and think something is wrong with my vagina please help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

The edges of my labia or the opening to my vagina (I don't really know) it white! Also if I squeeze a certain poin in my labia/vulva it's quite sore. I've noticed no burning or inflammation but a bit of itching. I have quite a lot of discharge by I don't know if that is related. I'm too embarrass to ask my mum to go the doctores so please help if you have any idea of what it is or how to treat it! Thanks!

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you have thrush is it a white discharge I would tell your mom it's a very coming thing to get she will take you to your doctor who will give you something to clear it up it won't go on it's own don't be embarrassed it's nothing bad go tell your mom now

• Posted

I agree with Gillian, it really sounds like you have a nasty case of thrush.  That's easily fixed with antibiotics, and ideally you should go to the doctor just to make sure.  If you're a bit embarrassed about seeing a male doctor, could you perhaps make an appointment at a clinic to see a lady doctor?  I don't know where you live, or if that's an option for you, however.  

No need to be embarrassed, every single lady on earth gets thrush at some stage in her life (it's a design flaw, I'm afraid!) and it's very uncomfortable.  

Go and get cured, good luck!

Minamii

• Posted

PLEASE READ THIS LADIES!

Please have your doctor test you for Lichen Sclerosus!!

I suffered for years with the itch and medications that didn't work.

Saw a new dr 2 years ago. One look and she knew immediately what

it was. Prescribed Clobetasol. 05% ointment...miracle cure.

LS is anautoimmune disease that affects the tissue of the vulva and

surrounding areas. It can appear in young ladies your age so know you havent

Done anything wrong. Ask your mom to bring you to the dr!

No cure but it is very manageable with theproper treatment! I now use my

ointment maybe once a month.Can now live a pain free itch free life!

Wish you all the best of luck!

• Posted

Totally agree! I have had itching for 15 years and know one knew what it was!! Finally 9 months ago they diagnosed me with Lichen Sclerosis.  Cream was helping but unfortunately a bump appeared and now I have Vulvar Cancer. Insist that your doctor do a biopsy for this auto immune disorder!
  • Posted

Oh darl!  Sorry to hear that.  At your age all sorts of changes are happening and you are bound to get a bit worried, but it's nothing to be embarrassed about.  My advice is, if you don't want to see a male doctor, you can go to a clinic and request a lady.  She might be a bit more comfortable for you to talk to.  I have to agree with some of the other posters here, it sounds like you may have a case of thrush, which really is easily treated.  I don't think there's any woman in the whole world who hasn't had that at least once!  

Go along to a clinic and talk to a doctor or nurse.  They are professionals, and believe me, they have seen it all before.  

Bests,

Minamii

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.