I'm 14 and im depressed

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm sebastian I play high level ice hockey and I go to a school for half a day to train. I'm very good at ice hockey and i enjoy it but I feel like I physically need a brake. But on top of that my grades have dropped I don't know why. I used to be a 90% student now I'm below 80%. Even though I explained at my sport I'm constantly being told to lose 20 pounds to be at my ideal weight. But no matter how much I try it just can't for some reason. I've also been diagnosed with herpes and I've never made serial interaction with a girl. And also I've never made interaction with myself. I just don't get it and right now I'm scared to tell my parents because I'm scared of what they'll think of me. I've had suicidal thoughts but I've never tried to come through because I think of the people who would miss me and I imagine them crying. Even though this is problems that can be fixed I can't find a way to fix it myself and it bothers me dearly inside. I am able to interact with friends at school and around the hockey rink but I just feel like there is a deep secret inside of me I need help

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh honey please dont consider suicide any further. Sweetie, its ASTOUNDING how many people have herpes, you just probably dont know of any people who have it because, as you know, its not something most people will openly talk about. I got herpes when i was 18 (Im 39 now). I have been able to live a full, productive life. Yes its depressing at times and its hard when the time would come to tell my partner if it looked like a sexual relationship may be beginning. But i have made it with my head held high, realizing im not "broken" or "ruined" just bcuz of some occasional breakouts. Please...always just give it "one more day". I promise im right there with you. Depression is hard, having herpes is hard, life is hard...but you will make it thru.
  • Posted

Hello Sebastian. I know its not easy what your going through. Try to make sometime for you and gather your courage to talk to your parents dear, they will support you and its what you need right now.

Dont ever think of suicide, life is like a wheel, we always have good and bad days and believe me your problems will make you a very strong man later on.  Everthing will end even your problems, just be patient and brave.  Do not put much stress on you, we are not perfect. Wish you lots of courage.

• Posted

Hi Sebastian

One out of six people have Herpes and don't know it.. You can get Herpes from someone with a cold sore (kissing).Your only 14 I doubt your parents would see you being ready for a serious realtionship with a girl..I would speak to your mum or dad rather than keep this to yourself as it is causing you soo much stress.. This is not your fault and you have nothing to be ashamed of. Things do happen sometimes that we cannot understand that can be frightening..You have so much of your life ahead of you eg Icehockey that you love.. Your parents would be devastated to know that you feel so low and couldn't turn to them.. I know your frightened to speak to them but you need support and get back to enjoying your life.. Please feel free to ask any questions..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.