I'm 16 and I'm really scared please help me

Posted , 5 users are following.

Okay so for the last 3 days I've had this pain on my vagina. I can't sit,walk, or close my legs without having this dull pain on my lower region. I don't know much about my own anatomy and that sucks but I'm really scared. I looked down there and there is this lump that is tender and it's where the dull pain is coming from but I don't know what it is. I'm scared can u please give me advice.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hey valmo,

It's really hard to give advice over the internet because we can't see what the problem is and we aren't gynecologists...which is why the only advice I can give you is to go see a doctor as soon as possible. It could be a bartholin cyst (for which there is unfortunately no miracle cure -- but what helps is sitting in hot water with Epsom salt...but even that doesn't work for everybody) and it could be something completely different. Either way, you should really go see a doctor. Don't be scared to tell your mom...bartholin cysts have nothing to do with sex, so she won't just assume you got this from sex...and if it's something else, you would also want to get it checked out asap. I know what it's like to be embarrassed because of the area it is located on. I cried the first time I went to a gynecologist when I was younger, I was THAT shy. But they're doctors, they've seen it all, and they will help. Call the gyno and say it is really urgent and try to get an appointment, otherwise you can also go to a hospital and have a gyno there look at it. I hope it all goes well.

• Posted

Thank you for replying and these types of things I'm not really comfortable with but the dull pain is making my usual moving at a quick pace very uncomfortable. I already cried like two times today because I've never gone to a gyno. I'm just waiting for my mom to come home in order to get her to make an appointment.

• Posted

Take a hot bath and just soak and take it easy for awhile, if it continues to hurt then you should talk to your parents about it. It could be a Bartholin gland cyst. I've have them before and sometimes they go away on their own and sometimes they don't. So just soak it and see if that brings the swelling down.

• Posted

Thank you! I will try this as I wait for my appointment day!
  • Posted

sounds like a Bartholin cyst....apply a warm cloth a couple times a day or night for it to hopefully drain.

• Posted

Good! I'm glad you're feeling comfortable enough to talk to your mom. She'll know what to do and I'm sure the doctor will help. It's good to go as soon as you feel something, the longer you wait the worse it'll get! Let me know how it goes smile it sucks that so much stuff can happen to women down there... Be strong. You're not alone.

• Posted

Thank you! yes I didn't think much of it but the pain got more uncomfortable to me so I told my mother and we have an appointment tomorrow. I will definitely learn more about these types of things. I was really scared but thanks to your advice and my mom's reassurance I feel better emotionally now. Thank you.

• Posted

Hi, i hope you're doing okay right now. I know that this thing can be really uncomfortable but trust me, you'll get through this and you're going to be fine. Please let me know what your gyno told you later ya? Praying the best for you. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.