I'm 16 and i took 5000mg of penicillin. Will I die?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Lately I been wanting to kill myself and I tried taking codein but just ended in the hospital ... now I took penicillin and I took five thousand millagrams of it. Will I die?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Probably not, but if you persist in taking these overdoses the most likely outcome is that you won't die but will permanently damage your health and spend the rest of your life as an invalid.

Is that what you really want?

Please see your doctor or go to A&E asap. Get some help with whatever problem is making you do crazy things like this.

• Posted

Hi sidneya I don't think you will die from that amount but if ou keep taking medication like this you will cause damage to your insides. I think it is so sad that at 16 you wont to die have you spoken to your parents about how you feel I think you need to see a therapist asap this is serious. You have your whole life ahead of you my mental health issues started at 16 and im 31 now im still struggling i wish I was given help at 16 because I may not of had to deal with the issues ive experienced in my late teens and twentys so please see someone about why you wont to die. Death is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
  • Posted

please get some help now and get to the root of why you want die you have your whole life and if you can get ahead if the problem you could have a woinderfull life please get help ive been there i know how you feel take care of yourself  

• Posted

What reason do you have to destroy your body? What feelings and thoughts go round you head that are prooving an issue?
  • Posted

I have recently had a similar problem. I had to be clear and honest with my GP. Once she understood the danger I was to myself she referred me as very urgent. I was fitted into a packed schedule (a cancellation I suspect) and I received effective help. That was three weeks ago and I have not been a danger to myself since and much happier.

I agree with several others. See your GP urgently or if the danger is immediate phone or visit A&E immediately.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.