I’m 16 and my blood pressure is HIGH

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello people . My name is Gustavs . I’m 16. I’m playing a lot of football , doing my college work and enjoy time with friends , but recently I feel scared do anything . I don’t smoke , drink or use drugs ..

So, I got a constant high blood pressure , it’s usually jumping from 135/75 to 150/100 for around three months , I also experience a constant dizziness for 4 months and spaced out feeling ... 

Can it be my high blood pressure ? Why do I have a high blood pressure , even I don’t drink or smoke ? 

Ps : I’m on blood pressure tablets for around week and they’ve not helped me ..

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi there

i just had a visit with my doc and asked him in general about high  blood pressure. He said if young people in their 20's have HBP he would always investigate other possible reasons and do lab testing for Aldosterone, Cortisol, Renin, autoimmune markers and do a scan on adrenals. Please dig further.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.