I’m 16 have had inconplete bowel movements for months, help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I am a 16 year old male who has been having bowel issues for months. About 3 months ago I have had on and off, constipation, incomplete bowel movements, and a feeling of always having to go (this goes away when I don’t think about it). For the past two or three weeks my on and off constipation has gone and have been emptying my bowels everyday. I am still suffering from the symptoms such as incomplete bowel movements though. I have had no blood in stool, no weight loss, no pains, and no nausea and fatigue. I am really scared it could be something bad, please help.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Jonathan 

firtly, you need to stop worrying. Stress and worry can make us all feel bad and often brings on health issues. You are young and hopefully healthy. I can only advise that you check that you are eating well, good healthy food and drinking lots of water. That's the way to keep your bowels healthy too. Should you continue to have issues with constipation then I suggest you see a GP.  it is nothing  to be embarrassed about, your GP will have seen and heard much worse. A good idea too is to keep a note of anything in particular that upsets you. Please see your GP and tell him/her how you are feeling. Let us know how you get on. And! No more worrying!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.