I'm 16 yrs old, and i have left arm pain but no chest pain or tightening. What is it? Woorrieddd?

Posted , 3 users are following.

'Sup , I'm a 16 year old male about to turn 17 on Christmas Eve. For almost 2 days I've had left arm pain that doesn't bother me to much but I'm starting to get scared thinking i have a heart problem or even worse some type of lung disease. Chest pains are rare and not to painful just like pinches so i don't think that's a problem and my arm pain is like when you pull a muscle or you get injured but i don't recall getting injured or pulling a muscle cuz i don't do sports i mainly sit in my laptop playing games, but i have also cut some wood with an axe so maybe it could be because of that, and i only cough 3-4 times in 2 days. I'm mostly thinking that it's because of stress Because these last 3 weeks have been hell for me because my dad got diagnosed with brain tumor that passed on from his lungs to his brain and also my friend's dad died yesterday, and i have started smoking about 6 to 7 months ago but i don't smoke that much only 3-4 cigarettes a day maximum. What should i do? I don't think it's from anxiety cuz i don't know what anxiety feels like. And also I've been having breath shortness for about 4 days and I'm kind of getting a little bit to scared. So can anyone please tell me what this is. Is it a lung disease? Or some type of heart disease? Or none of the above?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If I were you, I think I would go to a doctor for a checkup in-person.

I don't want to make a guess on your diagnosis because I think it's a must to meet a doctor in person.

It may prove to be nothing, but it's certainly not worth taking the risk IMO.

You may also need some time to get some perspective on the events that happened to you.

I can understand that what had happened to you was very unexpected and unfortunate, but if you look at the bigger picture of your life I'm sure you can find reasons to be grateful for your life .

There are many people much worse than you, so don't feel like you are the only one who is having a hard time.

Try to move on with some productive activities, give yourself time to relax and the rest will take care of yourself.

You can also go to a psychologist if you feel you can't cope with it on your own. However, I think that going to a doctor is really a must.

Good luck and stay strong !

• Posted

Thanks my guy, really appreciate those words

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.