I’m 18 and health anxiety is taking over my life

Posted , 5 users are following.

i was diagnosed with anxiety from a young age been through therapy throughout my childhood and learned to gain control of it until 2 weeks ago, i went for day drinks with friends and my boyfriend stayed up all night with the worst anxiety heart racing , tight chest unable to relax and for the past two weeks ive been on meds experiencing them day after day to the point where i cant sleep , lost weight because i couldnt eat for the first week.

ive been back and fourth from the doctors had blood tests an an ecg everything came back clear but my health anxiety is all i can think about daily , constantly thinking im going to die or something is wrong with my heart even though ive been through the tests.

its draining gives me headaches and im beginning to give up on life because alls i constantly think about is that i wont wake up or im going to drop dead.

can anyone give me any tips to help

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

you are not going to die. What you are experiencing is very, very common and millions of people experience it. Including myself. I know how awful it feels and scary, but it will not hurt you!

first of all, I highly recommend that you stay away from alcohol, caffeine, junk food, etc. Alcohol cans cause these sensations you are getting.

what you need to do is calm down your mind because the more you freak out about it the more you are going to have those sensations. You are telling your brain that something is wrong and so your brain is responding trying to protect you. But there was actually nothing wrong. It’s just that you have unmanaged anxiety.

If you can, please find a counselor who can help you with this. Or you could even do it virtually which I do and it works great. It’s hard to try to manage alone.

Next, I would say get on YouTube and find some meditations for panic, anxiety, etc. Learning to breathe properly during this is very important! It will lower your heart rate and make you feel more relaxed. I’m going to send you a private message. feel free to message me anytime.

• Posted

iv been like this for weeks iv had anxieyy since 11 on and off but never like this constantly its keeping me up then i have to go all day with the symstoms its draining me now my bloods ecg all normal its horrible iv tried c bd to see if that starts helping

• Posted

completely understand you ive had it since i was that age as well and never had these symptoms its the worst i got all the tests as well start councilling next week, try ashwaganda as well ive started on that we can keep in contact to see how we both go on , we will get through this

• Posted

Hi, I feel your pain. Have you tried breathing exercises? While they haven't got rid of my anxiety, they do help to calm me down when I'm experiencing physical symptoms such as a racing heart.

• Edited

im no doctor, but i had some major anxiety and pulled out of it, try 5htp supplement, -ashwaghanda vitamins, exercise and eating well it will take a bit but i did all this on my own without my kids knowing, with support from my wife, im 42 years old and im getting better each week.

i hope this helps

take care and stay strong

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.