I'm 18 and i don't know if i have kidney disease?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm 5foot0

I'm 18 years old

My blood pressure since June been off and on

Somedays it's 140/82 and other days it's 180/70

I was a premature baby i believe 7 mouths and weighted 1 pound and 8 ounces.

My pee ever since i can remember has been foamy. But now that I'm drinking the daily amount of water and eatting less my pee has little to no foam in it.

My back and chest, and arm been throbbing a lot but not painful or anything just little involuntary jumps...So can anybody help me, my main concern is the blood pressure and if it could be a cause of kidney trouble or not.

If someone can answer it would be gladly appreciatedsmile

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mariz

I understand your fear. My mums kidneys are impaired because a tumor cut off her tubes and she went into kidney failure. But she had alot of other symptoms that indicate kidney failure. I know this is different to what you are saying but I think the best thing you can do to be sure and the allay any fears you have is to go and see your doctor and get a full blood test and make sure they test your kidney function which will show your creatinine and more importantly your GFR rating.  Also it might be a good idea to get them to test your potassium levels too.  Just because your blood pressure is a little high at times doesnt necessarily mean you have kidney disease as there are many reason for high blood pressure. You said your pee was foamy which can indicate kidney problems but was it only foamy in the mornings when pee is at its most concentrated? My partners pee was always foamy in the morning and his kidneys are fine.Good luck and let us know how you go. All the best to you.

• Posted

Hi Mariz  The best advice I can give is that you should see your doctor.  A blood test can detirmine what your kidneys are doing, and of course, long term your blood pressure does need controlling.  Best wishes  Kate
  • Posted

The only way to find out is to see your GP and ask.The only way I was diagnosed was because my Bp was seriously high. I had no other symptoms,I was sent for a scan which showed a smaller than normal kidney followed by blood tests and other tests to confirm. I was diagnosed with stage 3 and have remained the same for over ten years.
  • Posted

Hi,

Both my children were prem and had low birth weights so the two are not really connected unless there was an issue at your birth and I would doubt it as you would know about it.  You blood pressure can cause kidney problems if it remains high over a long period of time.  If you go to your doctors they should test your BP and then invite you back a few times to see if it  is raised all of the time.  I have renal failure stage 5 and have never had any of the symptons you describe so as others have suggested you would need to go to the doctore for some blood tests.

good luck

• Posted

Hello Mariz,

The best thing you can do is talk to your G.P. about your worries. The systolic (top number) reading can be affected by stress/anxiety and both top and bottom numbers can be affected by by what you have been doing just before taking your BP.

The chest and back symptoms could be all sorts of things including stress/anxiety.

Only a blood test for kidney function and urine test can confirm any problems with your kidneys, so stop worrying and ask you doctor to put your mind at rest by doing the tests.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.