I’m 20 years old and scared of sudden Cardiac Arrest

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone, unfortunately my anxiety is going up when it comes to this kind of stuff. to give some information to help, i am 20, my family has no medical history of heart diseases, i am taking blood pressure medication but its a very minimal dose (4mg). should i be worried? please let me know. thank you.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

when people have anxiety, which includes myself, I always tell them to look at the facts and don’t go by your emotions. You have already stated the facts which are that there is no history of cardiac issues in your family. Also, you are 20 years old. And you are taking a very low dose of blood pressure medication.all of those are very positive facts!

. Blood pressure is very manageable. You are doing the right thing by taking the medication if that’s what your Doctor ordered. There’s no reason to think about sudden cardiac arrest. You don’t have a heart condition from what you said, you are very young and there’s no family history of that. Also . your blood pressure is being controlled.

dont let anxiety cause you to have negative thoughts. Those thoughts are not a part of you and you can let them go. I wasted so many years with those type of thoughts and nothing bad ever happened. I can never get those years back so please don’t do that to yourself! I have had high blood pressure for years and it’s controlled with medication. My heart is extremely healthy as is the rest of my body. I do take care of myself by exercising , Eating healthy, meditation, etc.

,You are healthy so go and enjoy your life!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.