I'm 20yrs and found out I have gallstones

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I'm a 20yr old female. I was wondering with my age if I would still need surgery, the pain is very intense and off and on. I feel like if surgery will make all this pain go away I will be happy to do it, with my financial problems I usually only have one big meal a day (dinner) so I cannot really try the diet thing. I am quite worried but if it needs to happen it needs to happen.. Also will my doctor need to do it or will that be hospital needed? Will I be put under or still awake during it? Thank you rolleyes

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

sorry to hear of someone so young having to have their gallbladder removed. and sorry to hear about your pain. i get pain killers from my gp. as this is/can be a very painful thing,and hopefull you will get some pain relief from you doctor as they do know how painful this is. you will have to be admitted to hospital to have your gallbladder removed. as its a surgical operation,you will be put under and given an anaesthetic. and you can be out of hospital on the same day.  depending on how they take it out makes a bit of difference as well. its usually done by keyhole surgery around the belly button, iv not had mine out yet so someone will come along who has had there's out and will be able to describe the operation to you. 

about the diet thing, its not really about expensive diets. its more about eating less fat and eating smaller meals. so maybe if you could eat your one meal a day in smaller portions as a lot of time when people eat with this problem we get pain. so eating less is much more manageable for our digestive system. i find i cant eat a whole meal so have snacks throughout the day. i make a lot of soup. and find that filling and nutricious.sorry about the bad spelling. its that long since i was at school i forget.lol.I take it you'v had a scan and have gallstones? there are lots of us on this forum and there will be others along soon who can answer questions and have more experience and will have had the surgery. which iv have not yet. of course we all hope that when we have the gallbladder removed, we hope and pray that this is going to be the end of our pain and problems with it all. and hopefull it will be.keep reading all the post jodi and you will find out so much. and get lots of tips to help you deal with all of this, all the very best. cheeky.xxx🌺

• Posted

Thank you very much for your reply, my pain has eased a little bit since I put this up, I've been having raw apple cider vinegar everyday and that seems to help the pain, as well as a lot of other benefits! Seen my gp and it will be surgery sad but anything to get rid of the pain (hopefully) got a letter from the hospital too, hopefully will get in, in the next 4 months sad
    • Posted

It's best to get on the waiting list now. It's a long long list. I've been waiting 20 weeks so far and still no sign of a date. 😩 They don't seem to care about legal right to treatment times either.
    • Posted

Sorry about the very late reply, I am on the list and will be seeing the hospital in a months time. The gap between finding out I had them and finally getting an appointment, the attacks were horrible and so intense (I'm actually having one right now and it's 4AM sad ) have you got an appointment yet?
    • Posted

Poor you! I feel so sorry for you. I actually had mine out on the 19th May and I'm glad it's gone. I hope you get some relief soon. I had to switch hospitals in the end. I complained and they told they couldn't estimate when I would get it done. I wrote to the local CCG and they got me into another hospital. I saw the new consultant on April 6th and surgery was May 19th. Still 7 months from when I had cholecystitis. Is your appointment for a pre op or surgery? I had my first pre op back in November. You have to keep on and on. It's disgusting how long they make people wait. The attacks are horrendous x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.