I'm 3 weeks and a bit post op abdominal hysterectomy left ovaries in.

Posted , 9 users are following.

My question is anyone else dealing with overload of anxiety? If so can you please help me.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Katie, 

It's only been 3 weeks .. passed major surgery. Of course you have  anxiety overload your body has been put through the ringer. 

Give your self to heal both inside And out.. what ever your reasons for having a hysterectomy I'm sure it's being built up over more than 3 weeks. 

Take it day by day .. try move about ( but don't over do it) eat good .. if today is a good day don't question it, if it's not so good just deal with the hours .. get to lunch / dinner time and in between just breath. All this stuff takes time To settle down. A friend of mine told me .. just roll with it, not always easy but listen to your body. If u feel like u can get and and out for a walk than do just that.  

Xx 

• Posted

Wish I had a positive reply . I’m 5 months post op on the 6th and I still am anxious, depressed, have strange pains. And the swelly belly really sucks after workouts. I’m 37 ovaries left....I wish I never had the hysterectomy. I should have let it all do it’s thing! They don’t tell you any of the after effects!!!!!! 😡😤😫😭😢.  Everything about me changed not just losing an organ and the ability to make a baby. 

I’d never do it again. I’m sorry you are feeling anxious. I didn’t want to reply but my mom made me. I have become very closed off after all this.  

Feel better. 

• Posted

Dear NicolinainLA, 

I am so saddened to read this. sad  I can't believe this is happening. I'm so sorry you are going through this.

I have been told that i need a hysterectomy because of fibroids and cysts.  I am 48 and i have had two C- sections in the past and i am very nervous to do this.  That's why I'm even here writing.  To help me decide what to do!? 

My symptoms are heavy periods, painful intercoarse which doesn't ever happen anymore. Shooting pains in my legs.  I was reading about fibroids and they are okay to leave, but the cysts can develop cancer and i believe that's one of the reasons i'm leaning toward having the hysterectomy.

I'm so confused, one day I say to myself okay I'm going to do this and the next day I read stuff like your blog and say oh gee's. 

I'm grateful that i have had children, and i'm so sorry that you aren't able, I hope that your symptoms subside real soon and I will be praying for you. 

There are things that you can do for feeling anxious like tea "Valerian root tea" is very calming and other Herbs for depression.  Turmeric is good for pain, non thc (cbd) is also good for pain.  Don't quote me i'm not a doctor, I'm Just a women that has dealt with depression all my life and deal with pain everyday.  I don't know if you have access to the nearest Organic Herbal stores like New Leaf or Staff of Life Santa Cruz California,  but they do help very much.

good Luck

Billie Leeann

• Posted

I know what you mean. I am 1 week post op and had a mental breakdown yesterday. Mostly because I found out things that happen to your body after op. I was broken hearted.. Big hugs to you xxx
    • Posted

Hi Tracey, so sorry to hear about your distress.  Can you tell me what you have found out please.  Can yoiu send me a private message if you don't want to say on tthe forum.  Take care.  Chris

• Posted

Yea sure I don't mind if ppl read. Just I read that after hysterectomy with the void that is filled eventually your ribs meet your hips, you get a round tummy with no distinct features like curves (they all go). You can start to get chronic pain at the base of your back. Also you can end up with a hump back 😲??😟Along side all other things like never lifting heavy things again and always a risk of my vaginal cuff tearing, I'm just fed up made me very upset yesterday I broke my heart. I was told non of this pre op, all I was told was I may have bladder weakness or risk of prolapse, which I could deal with and doing pelvic floor to strengthen my muscles.

• Posted

Thanks for lettting us know Tracey.  I agree there are changes they don't tell you about, I don't know why this is so, it needs to change.  I am hoping things aren't as bad for you as you've read.  T

houghts with you, take care.

• Posted

I'm Pre-op but I do have a lot of experience with Anxiety. I have suffered many yrs and have gotten a good hand on it.  I like to drink Valerian Root Tea helps so much.  Chamomile as well.  There is Melatonin options and your Doctor may be able to subscribe you something without getting into the narcotics of course.

Natural Herbs are the best and acupuncture and massage, yoga, swimming, hot tub, sauna, steam room, walking, stretching just laying on the floor flat and stretching arms out and back and slow your breathing. 

I hope this helps, and good luck to you.

Billie Leeann smile 

• Posted

Hi I am 6 weeks post hysterectomy I'm 54 years old and had it done due to heavy periods and ovarian cyst I too was suffering from anxiety and still am my gp referred me to cognitive behavioural therapy I did six sessions before my op and have learned teqhniques to help when im anxious it really helps ask for a referral I attended the one to one sessions and have been invited to the group discussions it helps to know that there are others who experience anxiety/ depression and can share their experiences good luck hope this helps x x

• Posted

Hello Sharon ,

I was just wondering if you could share some of your coping skills. Could I join the group discussion or it it in person.

Thanks,

Katie

• Posted

Hi Katie ask you gp for a referral to cbt therapy managing for me was all about techniques that I was taught distraction and breathing when I get anxious ask for the referral and you will get six one to one sessions I highly recommend it xx
  • Posted

Hello Katie,

I am 38 yrs old, had a full hysterectomy, no ovaries 1.5 yrs ago. Due to Uterine cancer. I had bad Anxiety.. I thought that it was due to me quit smoking. I can tell you that it gets better. Depending on how u deal with it. I think of it as the best. Cancer is gone! I got a 2nd chance and I need to make the very best of it! I wish for the best and I will pray for you.

• Posted

If you dont mind me asking why you have a hysterectomy? And it helps me to read relax take a long hot shower. I deal with anxiety as well. If your religious you can pray. Helps me. If you can walk take a walk in the park nature is the best way to calm anxiety for me because i feel free

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.