I'm 30 years and recently i have been diagnosed with OA in my knees

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi... recently had gone to rheumatologist for knee pain ... he diagnosed me with OA in my knees i'm really depressed and worried as i think im young to get diagnosed with OA though no one has it in my family and i have never injured my knes... but i had high uric acid lvel 8.3.. so i think my OA is due to uric acid level.. though after medication its under control.. but m really worried about my OA progression and m afraid i'll b able to work normally with my job in future... cos my profession demands lot of physical activity..

3 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Eileen 

Didn't know beer was a problem but since I've been taking prescribed pain killers I've been drinking de-alcholized beer. Since a minor heart attack in 2003 I have followed a sensible diet but not too strict. We often eat at Thai & Indian resturants

so maybe I have foods that aren't good for me. My Mum had a saying "You've got to eat 100 lbs. of dirt before you die" In other words our bodies can absorb much of what's bad for us because of our imune systems. 

Alpine

• Posted

The other viewing of that saying is that you can EAT all sorts of things, including a bit of soil on a salad, but it's a different matter if that same dirt gets in a wound...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.