I'm 31 and this has came out of nowhere, I don't even feel like I'm me

Posted , 10 users are following.

I'm willing to do what ever it takes to get my life back and I'm respirate guys! My Simptoms are tight chest, racing heart, hard to breath , dizzy, depressed,shaking,sick, diareah , suicidal thoughts,feeling week , lost and helpless !

This just came on for no reason 5 weeks ago and seems to be getting worse ! Please if there is anyone with any advice please help me :-((

I'm taking 4 10mg propranlolols a day and nights calms to get to sleep at night

I'm stuck and need help really badly

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Ryan

Sorry to hear you are suffering likr this, I remeber feeling like that.

For me I cut caffeine and alcohol out of my life completely and replaced thrm with decaf and camoile tea.  This step reduced my heart rate and settled my tummy after the caffeine had cleared my system and my toilet habbits improved massively.

I also used lemon balm capsules and Rescue Remedy spray. The spray is amazing and can be used as regular as you need it. These are natural remedies and are none addictive.

They are safe to take with your meds HOWEVER use a reputable herbal shop (I use holand and Barratt) they will tell clarify they are safe to use and as a proper checker ring your GP.

I hope these tips help you as much as they have helped me smile

I'm ALMOST back to my normal self now and I never thought I would say that a few months ago.

Ask your gp about councilling or CBT as they are a huge benefit

Hugs and stay strong.

Mel x

• Posted

Mel thanks soooo much in having an operation tomorrow well two In fack so that's making me worse but I will try all those things you just said I think there must be a Holland and Barrett in Portsmouth somewhere :-) just out of interest how long has it taken you to get better ?

Thanks again Mell xx

• Posted

I suffered for 4 mths before I realised caffeine was making me worse.  I made the life style changes in January and saw a good improvement.  I discovered the camomile tea in Feb and since then I have been getting better and and better and for the past month I have been pretty much fine smile  I can now go out alone and stay at home alone which I couldnt do before.  The rescue remedy was an instant help and calmed me down so much, I'm not sure I would have coped without it smile

I hope your op goes well and I will be thinking of you.

Also try positive thinking and deep slow breathing smile

Good Luck and keep us updated on your progress smile

If you would like my email drop me a private message smile

Hang in there and stay strong, you are NOT alone

Mel x

• Posted

Cool ok I will take ur private email if that's ok this is my first time on here so don't really know what I'm doing lol
  • Posted

Have you ever suffered from anxiety or depression before ?

And do you drink alcohol or ever take drugs?

This happened to me a year ago, out of the blue, with the right medication and treatment you can get better xxx

• Posted

Hey never ever before :-(

I drink most weekends but not huge amounts

And like to have a joint now and again

I have stopped all drinking and smoking

Any ideas on getting better jade :-) x

• Posted

Alcohol, drugs, and caffeine, are all TERRIBLE for anxiety. I drink quite a lot, but I've had to cut it out because my anxiety is just through the roof. So try cut out all 3 for now. I waited about 6 months before I went on medication, because I tried to see if I could do it just with therapy, but I think the best way to get better is a mixture of medication and Therpay. I do metacognitive Therpay which is really helpful, and also on citalopram, 10mg. Compared to what I was, I'm so much better, but still not recovered yet. I found that changing my eating habits, just being healthier in general, going gym, GETTING OUT OF BED (a big issue I have, stay in bed a lot) has all helped the anxiety. It is horrible, I know x
    • Posted

Thanks jade I've stopped all that stuff too it's nice to see so many people getting better it feels like it's never going to happen x
    • Posted

I know it is really hard. I've had it for about a year now, just keep the positive thinking going and don't read too much negative things about anxiety, that always put me back a few steps x
  • Posted

I have some of the same symptoms as you do, and i feel the same way as you were saying about being desperate and not like yourself. Im willing to do anything myself. About a month this has started for me, and it did come out of the blue for me too. I myself like to read up on anything i can find about anxiety. I feel it really is better to understand and know everything you can. Were you under any sort of stress before you felt like this? At first i thought no nothing to major but the more i think back i realize stress was my trigger for this all. And i have days on end where my anxiety is very much there. My advice to you is learn to not fear your symptoms, know that you are in control not them. My chest is the worse for me, last night i was freaking out for awhile, but i put my hand to my chest focused on my heart beating and after awhile i calmed down. Im new to all this so my advice may not be what your looking for, or better then someone who has experienced this alot longer then me, but take it one day at a time and know you can conquer this. That you can do this. Best of luck
  • Posted

Hiya

First of all I'm sooo glad I've found this forum thought I was the only person suffering from anxiety...for the past 2 weeks I've been suffering this and its gradually getting worse keep getting rapid heart rate blurry vision constant panicking for no reason whatsoever, shaking and sore heads I've just had a baby via c section 2 weeks ago and looking back I think this is when my anxiety has came from as I was in two minds wither to get one or not was sooo stressed out and think this has triggerd it I feel soooo alone been on propanorolol for 5 years 10mg daily and all of a sudden I do not wanto take these as I feel my hearts going to stop this anxiety has really gotten to me please if anyone can relate drop me a message

Cheryl x

• Posted

I'm dealing with something very similair.  Lots of physical and psychological distress and anxiety/depressio in the worst form.  I told my psychiatrist I needed to try a change in long term meds.  I'm currently working diligently on coming off one ineffective anti-depressant while starting another that may work.  Though it'ss taking some time and toll the symptoms are not getting worse and at times seem to be mitigated a little.  Please avail yourself to the many anti depressant anti anxiety meds and therapies available.  Go to a dr and be explicit about your symptoms and concerns and ask for some help.  If you're on  propranolol maybe something in addition or in exchange could help.
  • Posted

As an otherwise healthy 32 year old I had my first panic attack today. It appears to have been linked to cannabis use as i started smoking only this year to alleive a huge amount of stress i have gone through the ^perfect storm^ of problems. Realise that these feelings are an a effect of something not a source and once the cannabis levels got out my system over 6 hours i returned back to normal. Such a relief from the horrifying psyhosis of feeling ^unreal^.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.