I'm 4 or 5 years post menopause...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been suffering with Vaginal Atrophy which is quite common in women several years post menopause, or so the doctor said. The main symptoms for me, since last summer, have been soreness in my vagina and a need to have a pee very quickly after I've just had one. I've used GYNEST cream which didn't help so more recently I've been on Vagifem tablets. And amazingly since Monday (Its Thursday now) my problem finally seems to be improving. But its most unusual that I've drank a pint of liquid this morning and half a pint this afternoon and I've only been for a pee twice, once just after 12 not long after I had the coffee and two small glasses of tropical juice. I didn't pee much at all. Then I went to pub for lunch with a friend and had two decent cups of tea. I went for a wee before we left the pub, it was a bit more than it was at lunch time. Then half a cup of tea at home and I've not peed since 3pm. Perhaps I'm over reacting because I've not had a "Normal" bladder since last summer. I'm used to wanting to go almost all the time. I'm just hoping what I've said is pointing to the fact things are improving and that I'm not getting another problem. The soreness is nowhere near as bad as it was either. I'm guessing I've still got about a pint of liquid in my bladder and am in no rush to go to bathroom. Does this sound 'Normal" ?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shirley

I have not had soeness in my vagina but I can relate to you about the peeing. There are times I go alot and there are times I just have a dribble but it seem at night I am in and out of the bathroom peeing little bit at a time. You could have an infection have you had your bladder tested for a UTI check into it 

• Posted

Hi Susan. Thanks for replying. Know what you mean about the UTI but its not that. Had loads over the years. Saw doc other day and she said to keep on using the Vagifem tablets. I was doing great with the soreness and continual need to wee till yesterday when it came back again! But now its gone again today! So I'm hoping its finally tailing off.
  • Posted

Hi Shirley..

i have vaginal atrophy .. ( dryness ) Even before i reached post meno.. I am about 20 months post meno now, age 50.

my Gyno told me i had it when he did my annual well woman check ..

i never took HRT .. But he suggested Ovestin vaginal cream and vaginal Ovules .

i only use half an Ovule twice weekly and the cream on outer bits, keep skin nourished ..

Ovestin is Estriol .. Stronger than Estriol Gynest ... but weaker than Estradiol .. 

the ovules are so soothing and not messy, they are opague in colour..

i cut them in half while still still in sealed blister pack so they dont split and crumble.

i wouldnt be without them.. I also have a very mild uterus prolapse and they help with that too, no more feeling of extreme dryness ' sitting on a prickly hedgehog.

i live in Spain, so here they are called Ovestinon Vaginal Ovules and Ovestinon Crema ..

good luck..

jay x

• Posted

Hi Jay, Thanks for your message. Sorry to hear you suffered too.Will have to see if I can find the ovules you mention here in the UK. No doubt they come under a different name but I will google them and see what comes up. Thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.