I’m 4 weeks from tkr

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’m 4 weeks out today from tkr and I have good days and then today I totally cannot even bend my knee. And I start getting up and doing something I get really tired and feel fainty and I have to sit for a while. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this feeling. Feeling a little depressed and I know that’s normal. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Ys I have those days o. I am almost 15 weeks out from my tkr. The first 4 weeks are the hardest to where you really don't want too do anything. But it is important to rest, ice and elevate  the knee

?In the mornings are the worst for me not bending knee

• Posted

Check your iron intake. ..

Very common to have this extreme energy drain though.

I think I managed to put 6 plants in a herb container, around 4 weeks post op. Sitting down most of the time. Nearly didn't manage to finish it....sooooo tired!,

Had to lie down for a couple of hours afterwards!

Energy improves for many folk around the three to four month mark. Mine was nearly normal at six months. Now at 8 I have plenty,

• Posted

Hi Deb I’m 3wks in and I also get faint especially doing some of my standing excersizes . Perhaps you’re over doing it remember rest and ice are very good this forum helps because it shows you’re not alone read Chico Marx one of his replies explains it perfectly. I didn’t realise it was going to be such a long haul take care Suki xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.