I'm 52 and have been in perimenapause for a few years now any tips what to take to beat the lethargy

Posted , 7 users are following.

Have had some really bad episodes of depression and just basically feeling that my body is changing so much bloating / acid reflux/ overwhelming tiredness / wanting to laugh cry scream and shout all in the space of a few minutes 😂Trying to retain my sense of humour but so hard when every muscle in your body aches. Any tips out there from the sisterhood would be soooh appreciated !

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ah, sister, I’m in the same boat. I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder after 4 ER visits and all tests showing everything is normal. I tried taking Ativan but it made me depressed. So I stopped and now just taking multivitamins. I still have palpitations and chest and abdominal pain, as well as hot flushes, but I try to just do the breathing exercises to calm me down. I still get joint and muscle aches, but I just do stretching exercises. I have found a hobby that has helped me get distracted. Still, every now and then, I get that thought that I might die soon. It’s hard sometimes but I just do whatever I can to reassure myself that I’m just menopausal. 
  • Posted

Hi!!! I’m the same age and going through similar things!! I’ve been going to yoga classes (beginner) mostly stretching and that seems to be helping with muscle aches.. as for the emotional ups and downs I haven’t found anything that helps lol
  • Posted

I'm going thru this now..  The last couple weeks I've been dog-sitting so everything has gone to pot -- food intake, pop, no supplements and no exercise.  The dogs left a few days ago but I've been napping and going to bed early each night-- I'm just fed up about everything!   No crying, just sad or melancholy.  Today I watched movies all day and napped.    My body aches and I have no idea why.    Today, I started taking my supplements (for some reason I stopped when those dogs came).  And tomorrow I plan to get back to the pool as this helps my body feel good!!  I also drank  a lot of water as well.  So I'm hoping I'll be back to my old self soon.  I just feel old, frumpy and blah!!  But I really believe supplements help me a lot!!

• Posted

Hi, I went through the same a few months ago but was prescribed HRT and this has stopped a lot of the symptoms. Still get acid reflux which is horrid and bloating  but no hot flushes, night sweats, joint pain or mood swings. Could be worth a try 
    • Posted

Hi deborah, i spoke to my GP 2 days ago re my back pain (5 months), muscle spasms in my back  legs and arms and shoulder and neck pain (11 months). I am having physio and have done swimming and yoga nothing helps. I asked if it could be hormones he was not convinced even though my periods are all over the place  last period lasted 27 days. H e said  some women have  hrt and it helps with pains but he  was not convinced it is my hormones as i do not have any sweats and i have not missed any periods he says its all health anxiety. I am 47 can i ask how old you are?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.