I’m 8 days post op , pelvic floor repair all advice needed

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all , not feeling the best but only 8 days in . Last few days have been the worst , tired , sore , strange feelings down there , very slow urine flow and leakage never had that before ? Such a lot of conflicting advice but i suppose we are all differant in many ways . i have a good support system . Any advice, tips would be gratefully recieved . x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

The slow flow is due to swelling down there. It's totally normal. I actually had swelling for several weeks. Leakage could be due to your muscles being weak. Thats why some go home with a catheter after surgery. Everything down rhere is a little lazy and sore.

• Edited

Go with your gut instinct..... I was 7 days post op and I ended up being re-admitted for 9 days due to sepsis etc and have now ended up with a fistula.....

I'm not saying that will happen to you but if you are not sure about something or feel something is not right please just get checked out.... better to be safe than sorry.

I'm now 7 weeks post op and feel really well in myself, just waiting on a decision about the fistula.

Take care

Tracey

• Posted

Hi , thanks for the replies will take advice on board . It really does help to converse with ladies who are or have been in the same boat . Dont think anybody who has not had this type of operation understands . Much appreciated , look after yourselveslove Tracey x

• Posted

your way early in yiur recovery hun. its takes up to 6 weeks to feel ok in yourself.

however please speak to your consultant if you are still in pain or feel things are not right.

I'm sure it just healing hun.x

• Posted

Tracey,lots of rest for you and dont feel guilty about not doing anything. This is the time for you to be a lady of leisure. 8 days in and you are still very swollen,but if you think the urine flow is getting worse or you cant "go" at all you must contact your GP immediately.

6 weeks minimum rest and rest with your feet up. Take it easy for at least 3 months,and please no sex until at least 3 months and even then take it very very slowly.

• Posted

Thanks again ladies , its just confusing all the conflicting advice you get . Im sure the best advice is here, its the best as you have all been through it Hope everyone is recovering well xx

• Posted

yes our surgeons tell us little and left wondering what the hell is happening.

I was over cautious and I'm sooo glad I did.

I didn't drive for 8 weeks and still dont lift bags only carry 2 litre of milk.

it really affects your mind because yiu feel ok but know yiu musnt incase of risking it failing.

my first anterior failed after 3 weeks and did nothing but rest but unfortunately the technique of the first surgeon didn't hold it firm.

my new consultant is a professor and really knows his stuff, 35 yrs in the job do I'm in fab hands.

I have to sort out back wall one day but I cant stand anymore downtime of recovery at moment. sick if the word prolapse lol.

healing hugsxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.