I'm a bit confused!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I'm hoping someone will be able to help guide me as I'm rather confused!

I didn't really get any help from my gp so have been lucky enough to find this forum to help me but I think I'm confusing myself now.

So I'm not allowed to eat more than 5g fat per 100g. I found an app on my phone which helps me keep a check on the fat content etc and for the past 2 days have been working on the basis of each meal must contain no more than 5g fat of which the contents of the meal must be no more than 5g fat per 100g but I have since read somewhere that on these tablets each meal must be no more than 15g fat containing foods that are no more than 5g fat per 100g!!!????

Can anyone please help me or have I confused myself as now I'm not sure if I'm eating enough fat etc as my app is telling me I'm only eating roughly half my daily intake of calories allowed!?

Thank you in advance 

Michele

X

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi it's 5g per 100g 15g a meal 45g fat a day

I have a blog on the tablets if you want it?

The tablets have worked for me

Britney

X

• Posted

Thank you so much Britney I have started to read your blog it's very good and I've already noted some of the meal plans.

Well that does make things a lot clearer as making a meal that contained only 5g fat was quite hard as after going shopping yesterday I was getting a little worried I was going to get bored of the same old food but as I'm allowed 15g fat per meal but each food item can't be more than 5g fat per 100g I'm getting excited now to try lots of new things.

Thank you again

X

• Posted

Hi Britney,

You did send me your blog a couple of weeks ago but, unfortunately, I cannot find it.   Please could you kindly forward it to me again.

Thank you very much

x

• Posted

Hi Michele,

Your very welcome. There are lots of things you can eat more than you can imagine it just takes a lot of packet reading!

Good Luck and let me know how you get on

Britney

X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.