I'm a drunk

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm a drunk and in desperate need of help with alcoholism addiction. Please.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You've come to the right place but it would help if you gave a few more details.

?Are you in the UK or another country? 

?What's your situation ion life?

Plenty of people on here have been in your shoes and can help you.

• Posted

Hi Max. Remember you and you are in Texas and struggling. Somebody replied with a helpline in your state for medication. Did you get anywhere?
    • Posted

Guess I'll just end it today. I'm in end stage of alcohol addiction. I'm tired of this struggle.

• Posted

Hello Max, are you any further forward to taking your first baby steps to knocking this nightmare out and moving forward.  It can and will be done but only if you take the lead. DO NOT GIVE UP!

G.

• Posted

Gwen, you are absolutely right!!! After 6 years of the struggle and 7 treatment centers, numerous ER visits and hospitalization. Nothing has helped. So yes, I have to take another first step!!!! I have given up on the medical doctors, the mental health therapists !!!! I know I have the tools to beat this struggle, so now I have put this in situation, in my own hands!!! IT IS TIME I END THIS!!!!!
    • Posted

Yes I know I am right - I have a love of alcohol - like many others on here - and it stinks.  My hubs can easily down 10 pints out with his mates; and just as easily drink 1 pint at home if not in the mood.  I thought he was alcoholic years ago.  Turns out it was me who was WTF? 

We all have problems but for people with AUD (Alcohol Use Disorder) this is magnified and what do we do - oh yeah let me think - we drink!! 

You have certainly gone through the mill (as we here in UK would say) I notice your treatment centers and ER visits and that you say nothing has helped.  I am not surprised by that.  I have been referred to a treatment centre by my Doc, but not been.  I have AA 5 mins walk from me - again not been.  I see this as short term release.  The long term release is only within yourself.  I got mad at drinking so much which was creeping ever upwards (2 bottles of red per  night).  I was envious of my hubs with his 1 pint and my hidden bottle upstairs - uggh - I hate deceit.

I came on this forum and listened and listened again;  a lightbulb moment hit me - I did not want the awful consequences of what lies ahead be it physical, mental or for others around me. 

So I tapered down from 20 units a night - down to 17, 15, 12, 10, etc to 2 now.  (I do have a bottle of wine on Sunday to sleep).  But my god I feel a buz that my body is saying - yes - please, give me more of this).

Please keep your PMA (positive mental attitude) as it is in your post, I am absolutely right, like you say.

And hey if you c***k up the odd time - kick it in the head, curse it next day and start again with the tapering down.  And the less you drink, the less you will need, your tolerance will go down. 

You can match my tapering if u want - this is not the end - no way - this is you saying - Hello world - naah I aint ready to quit life yet x

• Posted

Hiya gwen

brilliant reply as usual😄😄

Glad to hear you’re still doing so well

• Posted

Max,

Over the past month, you've posted three times with basically the same plea for help.  And you've received some good suggestions.

Which have you done some looking into, to see if it might benefit you?

Nothing is going to change in your life unless you take that first action to make a change.  To varying degrees, we've all been where you are now, desperately needing help.  But at some point, it comes down to you to take the suggestions on board and do something constructive towards getting that help. 

We can suggest all we like, but it's YOU that needs to make a move forwards.

• Posted

What difference does that make, Max?

You presumably have doctors and support services over in the States, yes?

In fact, if you go to the NIAAA website, in the top right hand corner of their home page, there is a link to put in your State and find out what help is available to you close by.  Click that link and there is a specific section called 'How to find Alcohol Treatment'.

It's not your fault you have this condition, but it IS your responsibility to start to do something about it.

• Posted

And further more, if you google C3 Foundation Claudia Christian, you will find a website specifically in the US that can give you more information on The Sinclair Method, which is the treatment that the likes of ADEfree has previously mentioned to you on this forum (he is in the US too).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.