I’m a hypochondriac, advice?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, for as long as i can remember, i've always been a hypochondriac. I constantly Google my symptoms for hours, looking at articles that relate to me. I even look at articles specifically for 21 year olds, my age for many illnesses. Freaking out at the results I'd see on my phone screen. I havent had that bad of episodes for a long time, until now. I've been having sleepless nights, crying in my bedroom over the stuff I've been worried about. Having constant panic attacks, I'm always under stress. It's gotten so bad that when I'm actually calm, i get worried about it.

So, for the past few days, since Wednesday I believe, I've had this 'numbing' feeling in my fingers. But the thing is, I dont think theyre actually numb, because i can still feel them. When i poke them with my nails, when i squeeze them, i can feel them. My fingers feel warm, theyre a little red near the tips. Its weird. It's only at the sides of my fingers. When i run or slide a single finger against them, they feel "numb" but at the same time, theyre not. It's mainly my pinkies that this happens to. I do feel some tingling a tad, but not all the time. and in my right hand, it feels like my grip has weakened, but i still have a strong grip. it just feels like my phone might slide from my hand.

I dont have good posture. I always look down at my phone, i always have my elbows bent. Could this be causing it? along with my extreme stress and sleepless nights? i googled and the results worried me, saying i could have MS, and other scary issues. but i havent noticed these issues until my anxiety has gotten bad again. Could this just be a hyper awareness thing? has anyone else who has bad anxiety dealt with this? also, i do not have health insurance, so doctor visits are difficult right now because it can get expensive.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.