I'm a professional singer. How can I get rid of this Lump Feeling in my throat? GERD related!

Posted , 6 users are following.

It's been to months already, I been diagnosed with GERD and a Hiatal Hernia, I have never had a heartburn so far. I had an endoscopy and went to an ENT who put a camara down my throat I fond nothing. The only symptom I have is this constant Lump Felling in my throat like a pill stuck.

I'm on nexium and I trying to follow a bland diet. But nothing works so far.

I haven't had horsenes or a sore throat But I scared of losing my voice some how since I'm a professional singer and it's my way to living.

I so tired ...somebody help me.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

please try gaviscon advance from the uk. it works very well for this kind of symptom. it is sold on amazon but make sure it is the advance kind, which has an ingredient other kinds of gaviscon don't. you can't eat or drink anything after taking it because it forms a physical raft that blocks the acid. so it is best taken right before going to sleep. also, sleep with everything above the waist elevated. you can use a wedge or graduated stack of three pillows. after eating, do not bend over (like to load the dishwasher-- squat down instead) and do not sit on soft squishy furniture like a couch. also don't wear any clothes too tight around the waist. finally, drink only warm or room temperature water. some also find relief from slippery elm capsules. good luck!!

• Posted

Thanks I'm gonna try Gaviscon Advanced.

• Posted

hi luisen i suffer from the constant lump in my throat feeling i was also having a alot of pain when i would swallow my food it felt swollen and my food felt like it was getting stuck in my throat the doctor gave me cafafate liquid for the pain and pantoprazole for the acid reflux it has helped me so much i hardly get that stuck feeling anymore . and i herd Anxiety can cause that lump feeling in your throa too so i take anxiety pills Xanax to help calm me down. i hope you feel better soon take care .

• Posted

Hi luisen, did you ever get your lump in throat issues resolved. I hope so. If you have can you please tell me what worked for you. I am suffering same issue for 5 months now. Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.