i m a third year mbbs student. i have been stomach problem for 4 years

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have been stomach problems for 4 years i m 23 yrs old male. i have exessive bloating and burping i was feeling lower abdominal pain which was dull but continuous my doctor asked me to remove my appendix 2 years ago i removed my appendix one year there was no pain after removal of appendix but from last year i have been again experiencing dull pain in my right lower abdomen pain with excessive burping and gas the pain remain for 10 or more days and then goes for 10 or 15 days and come again and i pass stool 1 or two times a day but most of the times i feel i m not fully  evacuated and some times i come across diarrhea, rarely i feel fully evacuated. five weeks before i have been diagnosed with h pylori positive in stool for which i hav taken two antibiotics and  proton pump inhibitor and metronidazole for 25 days but my dull right lower abdominal  pain is with me and also excessive  burbing and bloating. i m a third year MBBS student plz guide me doctors.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Go back to your doctor and get re tested to see if you still have h pylori.  Also ask about IBS which can cause the same symptoms you are getting.  Having your appendix out or other stomach surgery can trigger IBS in some people.  Ask for an endoscopy, colonoscopy, CT and celiac testing.  If all these are negative, IBS can be diagnosed.
  • Posted

Helo Naveed sad to hear about your problem,

i don,t know about appendix to much but i have a problem of burping and upset stomach from last 3 and half years----in 2010 i removed my gall bladder an in 2012 december i have severe problem of heart escape beat for which i do lot of treatment then i start facing upset stomach problems till now i do lot of treatments but no thing works-----for few days i start green stool i was afraid and go to the doctor where he say its normal and treat me with ibs my stool colour changes to normal but having problem i pass stool 3 to 4 times a day---now i pass stool 1 to 2 times a day but feel same like you every time i feel that my colon is not empty completely----and from last 10 days i am noticing my stool colour one day i eat oreo biscuits like 8 to 10 peaces and drink lot of water in night time i pass hard black stool i was afraid next day its clear after 2 days i eat  pasta and next day i have red sauce in my stool today i eat ube cake dark purple colour my stool is not purple but sum thing like clay colour don,t know what to do with it my wife and all friends will say to me what u eat your stool colour will be ike that don,t know------------is it happens with u to some time your stool colour changed------any ways come to burps i have blood test and h pylori was positive doctor didnot want to give me medicine bcoz he say in every 3 person one person has h pylori positive but on my request he give me that----any ways after that i didnot check it again but have stool test 2 times which is clear-----i still have burps and gas most of the time my left side  chest is heavy--------i am 30 year old male don,t know what to do next saturday i have endoscopy let see whats the result but i am super afraid on that on burps and my upset stomach------sad i am taking nexium 20 mg once a day and probiotic as well as but nothing works for me good sad

• Posted

i hav no problem with stool color but i feel like constipated and gas and dull stomach pain i will also go for colonoscopy soon. Allah will sort our issues inshALLah
  • Posted

yes hope so----i request to the doctor last week for colonscopy but he say me that for now they will do endoscopy next week if they think that they need colonscopy they will do that to-----i want both on one time but he say me that not now well what should i say i didnot feel pain in my stomach but mostly i have gurgling sounds in my stomach like having upset sotmach---by the way naveed are you from Pak >
  • Posted

from which city you are-----i belong from peshawar----the hospital which i visited till now is Agha khan hospital karachi ,zia ud din hospital,Rmi hospital peshawar north west hospital peshawar ------cmh hospital kohat,and many othersnow these days i am in japan yesterday i eat little bit spicy food in aftari and from yesterday i have an upset stomach again so sad doctors are only intersted in money not in our health-----i am to worried about my health whats going on most of the doctors i visited say its not a serious problem the upset stomach is bcoz of gall bladder as i don,t have but i am worried about my stool colour and discuss with many doctors but they told me its bcoz of food don,t know what to do tired of it-----kaal mai ne aftari mai spicy choolay aur chicken khaya tha us ke wajja se aaj peat kharab hai japan mai mai doctor k pass gaya tha nurday mera endoscopy hai mai ne kaha tha k colonscopy karwa lo meray liye jis pe doctor ne kaha k pehlay endoscopy karte hai us k baa agar zarorat howe to woh b kar le ge------ajeeb masla hai loag souchtay nahi jo hota hai un k sath but kuch loag hamare tarha hotay hai souch souch k pagal ho jane wale-----mujhy burps bohat ate hai aur ye jab se mai ne operation kia hai tab se-------well pak mai achay doctors hai aap kese achay doc k pass jao Allah kher kare ga Inshahallah ye masla sirf hamara nahi bohat sare logon ka hai par woh souchte nahi hai 
    • Posted

i m in karachi i have visited many doctors one asked me u hav UTI he prescribed me some medicines but i havnt used them. one asked me u hav worms in stomach three days course will make u better but it didnot work then he asked me some muscle pain. six weeks before one of my professor dr asked for h pylori jo k positive aya she said me u have to complete 14 days course and then mje koi farq mehsos ni hua then i met my another teachr he asked me 14 din ka r course kro wo b kia lkn koi khas farq ni little bit relief in gas problem but i m not satisfied next week i have appointment with another gastroentrologist lets see what he will say hoping for the better inshALLAH. I will insist for colonoscopy. and main rice boht shoq se khata tha lkn ab to rice khane se gas ka problem triple ho jata ha ab to rice check b ni kr skta soft drinks b chor di hain
  • Posted

naveed bhai sorry to hear that,

mujhy takleef 2012 dec mai shoro howe jub mai ne karadar k bakra hotel ka chicken khaya shayad aap ko maloom ho bakra hotel--mai friends k saath beta tha to achank mera sans band ho gaya aur ankho pe andheera cha gaya mai ne aha beta chaalo choti ho gaye tumhare-----lekan with in few seconds every thing go normal then---i drik water then go to zia u ddin hospital---they say that i have food poising i say ok then come home eat lot of rice mujhy mazak laag raha tha bass jab sobha utha to poucho maat haal kharaab tha....sans b nahi le pa raha tha phir gaya doctor k pass zia uddin us ne kaha k mujhy illergy hai zukam b hain jis ke wajja se saans leenay mai doshware ho rahe hai kher 4 din medicine use kiye phir se mujhy laga k my heart escape a beat so mai foraan chaa gaya agha khan clifition hospital waha pe chutiya sa doctor beta tha emergency mai mera bp heart rates wagera check kia aur kaha k mai bilkul normal hon---aur sath mai ye b kaha looray ne k mujhy30 years ka experiance hai tumhara weham hai mai ne kaha weham nahi hai aap dekh rahe ho k mujhy burps zayada aa rahe hai eas pe doctor ne kaha k shukar karo tumhy burps aa rahe hai stomach se air bahar nikal raha hai agar ye band ho gaye to tum mar jao ge---kher 2 din baad phir se zia u din clifiton wale hospital gaya unho ne b kuch khass medicine nahi diye phir se 7 days k baad agha khan gaya lekan unho ne b koi positive response nahi dia------phir mera visit visa laag gaya japan ka mai japan aya lekan mujhy gabrahat bohat ho rahe the aur i feel my heart escape a beat----kher kia bataon jab b train wagera ai saffar karta japan mai mai kehta tha k bass aaj mera akhiri din hai mai marne wala hon visit visa poora howa chala gaya pakistan i belong from kohat kpk-----kohat cmh hospital gaya cardiologist k pass us ne ecg karwaye woh clear thi phir kaha k echo kar lo echo kar lia woh b clear tha----us ne mujhy chest infection k medicine diye--woh use kiye fark nahi para-----phir dosre doctor k pass gaya major k pass us ne depression wale tablets de de woh use kiye 2 months tora fark para----phir se gaya us ne aur dose high kiya mai ne kaha k raat din sooye rehta hon so woh medicine b chor diye-------phir se dosre doctor k pass gaya us ne ecg karaye woh clear thi us ne b chest infection k meidicine diye aur kaha k mujhy balghaam ata hai woh illergy ke wajja se ata hai i am not satisfied doctor change kar diya mai ne phir se dosre major doctor k pass chala gaya us ne mujhy kaha k ye stress ke wajja se hai-----heart escape beat wala masla us ne mujhy kuch medicine diye kuch fark nahi para----eas wale major k pass 3 daffa gaya tha mai h pylori wala test kia woh positive tha mai ne kaha medicine de do us ne kaha k 3 person mai h pylori 1 ka positive hota hai medicine ke zarorat nahi kher mai ne insist kia to us ne medicine de diye 1 week k liye----tyrod test kia ultra sound kia to woh normal thay-----phir kese ne mujhy batya k indian famotodine use karo mai ne 2 month famotodine use kiye us ke wajja se heart escape wala problem solve ho gaya paar mai ne green colour stool pass kia eak din mai gabbra gaya 2 doctor k pass gaya unho ne antibiotic diye kuch fark nahi para stool green he tha phir eak bandy ne immodium ka kaha woh use kiye 2 din us ke wajja se stool clear ho gaya aur indigestion wala smell b chala gaya lekan mai ne kaha k shayad koi serious masla hai mai peshawar k top hospital gaya Rmi waha pe doctor se mai ne tafseel mai bat ke stool test mera clear tha us ne charcoal k medicine aur lansoprazole diye tora fark para lekan mai spicy food khata tha mai rozana 4 to 5 times stool pass karta tha loose to nahi tha par soft stool-----eas beach mera japan ka visa dobara nikal aya 1 year ka so mai dosre hospital gaya gastro doctor k pass us ne mujhy kaha blood to pass nahi karte ho stool mai cbc test kiya woh b normal tha to us ne mujhy colofac tablet de diye woh mai ne use kiye start mai to teek tha par japan ane k 3 months baad jab mai ne job start kiya to phir se masla ho gaya ------abhi mai japan mai hon aur mujhy burps ate hai us k liye doctor k pas sgaya to doctor ne kaha ye acid reflux gerds ke waja se hota hai us ne nexium 20 mg de diye--abhi pehlay se burps kaam ate hai lekan kuch din pehlay mai ne oreo k biscuits khaye thay us ka colour black hota hai biscuits khane k bad mai ne water bohat pe liye jab ghar aya to stool pass howa loose to nahi tha par soft stool with black colour bass mujhy weham ho gaya k bhai kia masla hai souch souch k peat mai dard b shoro ho gaya kher next day stool clear tha--------par mai doctor k pass gaya aur kaha k colonscopy aur endoscopy karwa lo plz meray liye us pe doctor ne kaha k agar mujhy koi serious masla hota to woh mujhy bare hospital transfer karte par mera masla itna serious nahi hai eas saturday mera endoscopy hai phir dektay hai colonscopy ka b kehta hon--------ye haal hai gabrhat b ho rahe hai Allah na kare koi serious masla na ho keep up date naveed bhai 

• Posted

vaeed bhai mere bat agar mante ho to endoscopy aur colonscopy dono he karwa lo------q k jo hum khate hai woh stomach se hote howe intestine mai pass hota hai aur hpylori b stomach mai he hotay hai ---treatment gar karna chahte ho to poore tasale kar lo endoscopy aur colonscopy dono kar lo-------karachi mai mai reah chuka hon wahan loag spicy bohat khate hai to spicy cheezon se zara parheez karo-----aur plz logon ke batain maat sono loag aap ko kahe k k aap ko weham hai ye hai woh hai body tumhare hai tumhy ata hai k tumhy takleef hai jab tak satisfaction nahi hote tab tak doctors ko maat choro--------mera japan mai health insurance nahi tha abhi woh b karwa liya hai expensive hai but bhai kia kare ilaaj b to karna hai aur treatment k bare mai mai kese ke nahi sonta
  • Posted

naveed bhai i have done my endoscopy today and the doctor didnot find any thing there but he take sample for a test of h pylori from my stomach--------the result will be next saturday hope so it will help me but he confirm that i have acid refulx but esophagus and stomach has no damage---i ask for colonscopy he say no need for it bcoz almost some part of my instestine he saw and its japan if they find any thing small they will do completely check up for you as few weeks back i feel to much pain in my eyes then run blood tests and 5+ machine check up for my eyes -----pakistan mai sub barwe betay hai behan k loore hai sub paise haatyane k chakkar mai hai sub-----bhai i have serious problem then you if mine one is clear ur one is totaly clear just go for it and keep me update brother wish you all the best if i find some thing useful for me as my problem is smilar to you burps and have upset stomach--------i will share it here with you i bring esso 40 mg tablet from pakistan esmoprazole which i use for almost one and half month didnot do any thing for me here doctor give me 20 mg nexium which will stop little bit burps of me pakistan mai sub melawat hai 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.