I'm a WHALE!!! Weight loss help please!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I'm only in peri and 47 but ever since a naturopath gave me progesterone I gained like 15 pounds and can't seem to get it off and have been doing everything right. I've eaten Paleo (low carb, no sugar, no wheat, no grains) for decades and now I'm literally eating like a salad with tuna and a protein shake a day and that's all!!! And intermittent fasting. Stopping eating by 7 or early. Have also tried adding at least one hour walking a day when I'm not feeling too s****y and tired. Had everything tested and no insulin issues, already on thyroid meds, progesterone is low, estrogen is "normal for my age". I'M A WHALE. I've gone up 2 sizes can't fit into clothes. From a 4/6 to a 10. I look very matronly. I do have a large fibroid, again thanks to hormones, but that wouldn't explain my fat legs, chest, arms etc. CAN ANYONE HELP? Please don't tell me to eat low carb or keto or Paleo as I've done that my whole life. I'm prob eating only 1000 calories a day if that. And like I said, adding exercise. I WANT MY BODY BACK. Everything is going to hell and I'm not even 50 yet. And still single 😦

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

HI, JUST BE AWARE THAT IF YOU DON'T CONSUME ENOUGH CALORIES YOUR BODY WILL GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND STORE FAT .

STILL EAT HEALTHY BUT CONSUME A GOOD AMOUNT OF CALORIES

GOOD LUCK

• Posted

HI, I KNOW HOW FRUSTRATING IT IS. PLEASE GO ONTO THYROID UK WEBSITE AND POST THE SAME INFO. THERE ARE INCREDIBLE THYROID EXPERTS THERE TO ADVISE, AS I THINK YOU MAY BE UNDERMEDICATED. GOOD LUCK.

• Posted

hi Sakura

I'm sorry you're going through struggles too but a size 10 isn't a whale. I do understand how upseting it is to gain weight even when you feel you are doing everything right. Damn hormones and medications. I only turned 50 a few days ago and being going through peri for many yrs. i have gained a lot of weight and like you was small so it has been very distressing. then started the wrinkles. i guess we have to do what we can and learn to love ourselves anyway.

• Posted

Hi your post caught my attention. I know you said you have done low carb already but if your body is used to eating that way for awhile you have to eat some carbs and cheat a little to kick up the fat burning process again. you need to kick up our exercise to a stationary bike or jogging . Buy ketosis strips to make sure you ate in ketosis so you can burn that off. Dont over do it on the low carb thing . Do research because being in ketosis for long periods of tome im pretty sure can cause health problems . Be safe just dont forget once in awhile to cheat and then cut out carbs again..Good luck .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.