I'm age 20 and fear I have bowel cancer.

Posted , 3 users are following.

So recently I have blood in my stool and pass gas alot AND have diarrhoea sometimes.

I also have shortness of breath for months.thats another story .I checked my Lungs and heart and they were fine.No Solution for that

My father had polyps before so im afraid I have them too.

Am I overreacting

Am I too young to get polyps?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dear hazwan it rare for younger people to be diagnosed with colon cancer I don't know about polyps I'm not a doctor but if you don't have pain or weight loss or lack of appetite then it sounds promising I'm not dismissing what you are going through but just trying to ease your mind a little but if things get worse since polyps if treated early don't turn into more serious problems hope your health improves

• Posted

Dear hazwan it rare for younger people to be diagnosed with colon cancer I don't know about polyps I'm not a doctor but if you don't have pain or weight loss or lack of appetite then it sounds promising I'm not dismissing what you are going through but just trying to ease your mind a little but if things get worse since polyps if treated early don't turn into more serious problems hope your health improves

• Posted

Its me again meant to say if things get worse then go to your go because if polyps are caught early they don't turn into something else

• Posted

If you have not already seen your GP I suggest that you do so.  Although you might not have cancer, it is rare at your age, you obviously have some issues that need to be discussed.  Polyps are not a problem in themselves but can turn into something more significant so, if they are there, they need to be removed.  The process is carried out during a colonoscopy and is painless, a friend is very prone to developing them and has regular sessions to have them removed.  I had one removed during a colonoscopy and didn't notice anything while it was being done even though I was using gas rather than sedation.

The main thing, though, is to see your GP and get a proper diagnosis.  I suggest that you ask for, as a minimum, a blood test to look for the CEA (carcinoembryonic antigen) level and for red blood cell count - the former to rule out bowel cancer and the latter to see if this is the cause of your shortness of breath.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.