I’m Alone and scared for my children

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have Hs for 14 years. I’m 34 with 3 kids. My two girls one 17 and one 6 are showing signs of it. I’m so saddened and upset.I don’t even know how to handle it myself . The deem wants me to go on humira I’m scared of the side effects I am a single Mom.  Everyday is a struggle the pain the stiffness but I still manage to work full time  and take care of my 3 kids. The worst part of this is I’m alone with no help financially and now my girls are showing signs of this. I just joined this group for hope that there is something that I can do or learn to do to prevent my two girls from living in the agony I live in daily .  Pray for me and my girls as this nightmare of Hs is something I am still trying to learn to understand. I have only been diagnosed for a short amount of time which is so sad because I went to the doctor regularly my entire life.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry that this is happening to you and your family but don't let it control you guys life. I had surgery under both armpits. my dermatologist and plastic surgeon said Humira is best for people with a mild condition of HS.  Basically for people who catch it early. Maybe it will be good for your 17 year old daughter. I know there are other options out there as well.  Talk to a plastic surgeon or even your dermatologist. Stay positive and I will be praying for your family. God Bless!

• Posted

Hi Amber,

I had it from about 16-40. I guess I still have it, but am able to almost completely control the symptoms by avoiding nightshades, in particular potato.

I saw it suggested and ignored it for a long time... Eventually it clicked, that's what was triggering it and I've never looked back.

Otherwise maybe look into autoimmune elimination diets. There might be something your family is sensitive/intolerant to.

Tony

• Posted

I'm sorry your having to go threw this .my daughter got this when she was 18 .after having alergie test and vitam and minerals she avoids dairy and takes pro biotics she's in remmision. I hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.