I'm always sick with something and I always feel tired. What could be wrong with me?

Posted , 26 users are following.

Hello! I'm new to this so apologies if I did something wrong. My name is Nikki and I'm 23 years old and I really want to fix this.

For as long as I can remember I've always been prone to getting everything. I always had a cold like every other week or a bug of some sort ever since I was a child. Now that I'm in college it's kinda taken a hold of me. I'm ALWAYS tired and feel like I've been up all night no matter how much I sleep. I'm ALWAYS sick no matter what I do. I never have energy to do anything. I'm always aching somewhere. I started exercising harder thinking that it would help but it hasn't. I have gone vegetarian for the last 4 months and I still feel this way. It didn't bother me when I was young, but now that I have a job and I'm in college it's really irritating.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? Should I see a doctor for it? i just want to feel better and I can't seem to get there.

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Once again have you been tested for Lymes, mycoplasma, epstein-barr, parvo (human version) ? I am seeing multiple people here with eerily similar symptoms that all test negative for auto-immune yet are still sick. Doctors are clueless so many of them think its all in your head. Most doctors are taught if they cannot sort out what is wrong with you, it must be us. They simoly do not have the knowledge to sort out what the heck is going on. 
  • Posted

The same thing has been happening to me only it hasn't always been that way, just the past few years seems to be getting worse idk what to do about it.

• Posted

Hi I'm carlien or cara Im 15 have a similar problem I've got a constant flu or flu symptoms d)as well as a jeavy feeling on my lungs making it feel like im not gettinh enough air and constantly tired as the cherry ontop. Doctors have taken many blood tests but never find anything , and keep giving me asthma enhalers and alergex the usual flu medication wich does absolutely nothing . Should I be worried ?

• Posted

Hello everyone! This is Nikki on a differential account. I still get emails to my other one burn I forgot the password. I wasnted to update you all on my condition after all these years. A really bad hurricane hit our town right after i posted this question three years ago. It required my family to rebuild my room. When we rebuilt it we had to take a wall down and we found that the wall had tons of black mold in it. I have been living in a different house since then with zero issues. I work in hospital full time and go to school and I have only gotten sick twice this year so far. I still don’t sleep the best, but I defiantly don’t get sick nearly as much. I think this was the culprit to all my problems. Since then I have had tons of tests and the only thing I take medicine for is adhd. 
  • Posted

I have been always sick for 3 years now. My blood results, thyroid, vitamins all seem to be fine. I have been to more than 10 hospitals and cant seem to find what is wrong with me. My diet is really bad, i dont eat much meat, fish, egg or anything. I dont what to do, it has taken over my life. I cant even work anymore. If i work in the heat for two or three days i will be sick the next day. And this has led me to be depressed also. I dont know what to do.

• Posted

I’m 44 and have been dealing this since I was in elementary school! It’s a struggle everyday as if it’s not one thing it’s another. I’ve been diagnosed with everything under the sun! You name it, I have it! I truly believe that they have missed something! I am anemic now and get iron infusions as I can not digest the pills. HOWEVER, I don’t feel any better After getting the iron infusions and bloodwork shows my iron is up. Whenever, I do get blood work something is always off! I’m anemic now as I was told if I got the gastric bypass and lost the weight I would feel ?? % better my back wouldn’t hurt anymore and i would have energy! Didn’t work! I am 120lbs

Now 12 years out! My stomach hurts all the time, i can sleep 15 hours and still wake up to be tired.  I too have been handed a physchiatrist cards! Been there done that! It’s not in my head! I no longer can work and now I deal with other issues on top of it all stemming from the gastric bypass! Yeah one now needs to see a physchiatrist because of the depression set in From always being sick and tired with no energy to even get out of bed! If there was a study I would so do it in a heartbeat! I feel that doctors have given up! I’ve been on so many medications and tests I’ve Been to an immunologist. Doctor

After doctor, prescription after prescriptions! I’ve Tried it all and have no energy still! I’ve had spurts if energy that only lasted 1 day! I’ve given up! I envy everyone that can go for a simple walk on a nice day!  I’ve pushed myself to where I was even more sick! Again, if any of you find a study please let me know. 

• Posted

One more thing i forgot to add - I’m sure everyone is tired of hearing me complain about the same thing over and over! But i just can’t help it! It consumes you! 
  • Posted

Hi nikki im so glad i have found this and everyone else who has replied i thought i was the only one. I have been the same since i can remember, septic tonsilitis since the age of 3 nearly every month untill i finally had them removed at 19. I am now 26 and i am allways ill colds, bronquitis, faringitis, stomach bugs you name it and i get it. Also i eat healthy i exercise drink plenty of water... i just this week had a full blood test and the doctor said i am amazingly healthy nothing has come back wrong. This should be a great thing to hear but to be honest not for me i was hoping so badly that something would of shown up so i could do something about it. But where do you start if you are ment to be great and everything is fine? I am allways tierd also no matter how much sleep i get and it gets to the stage that im embaressed to say to my friends and people no i cant come out ive whatever this week i hate it as i feel like im constantly moaning. It sounds like we all have the same sort of thing surely there must be a reason for it? Im glad ive found you all though makes me feel better, also might help ive been taking acidophilus tablets once a day and have felt better and not got so many illnesses but as im in spain i run out sometimes and cannot allways get it but my mum used to give me them when i was little as she got fed up of them giving me antibiotics. And it helped then too. But i feel i still would like to know what is wrong with my body
  • Posted

i get the same thing. i have it now and i am really tired. i got iron bloods done nothing showed up. get full bloods.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.