I'm always so tired, help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm a seventeen year old girl and in my high school senior year. After winter break, I ruined my sleeping schedule and it took a while to fix it, especially because of the exams, I hardly had time to study... My life was a mess. When I finally fixed it, (its been a while) I never get enough sleep. I can't concentrate in class, I always sleep in class. I had bags under my eyes for a while, I'm just always so tired. before, I could never be able to sleep but now, I always want to sleep, and its affecting my academics greatly. I just want to wake up normally, and go to school without sleeping during class and actually concentrate.

I don't know whats wrong with me its troubling me a lot... Does anyone know what it is?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hi there,

I'm 26 and have been struggling with sleep anxiety and depression for most of my life. I found that anytime I was depressed, I was always tired and even though I slept, I would still wake up with bags under my eyes and still felt like I needed to sleep. This to me sounds a lot like stress or depression. You would be surprised how much both of them can affect your life. You mentioned about exams, which can cause a lot of stress and with high amounts of stress can bring depression along with it. Do you have a Counselor or a Psychologist that you sometimes see? If not, I would suggest booking an appointment to talk with a professional about these issues. A doctor is only going to prescribe you something that they think might help. It would be best to see about talking to a professional who knows about the issues you've been facing and them maybe they'll prescribe something to help. Trust me, I've experienced very similar issues for most of my life and you just need to stay strong, don't let these symptoms bring you down. Even though you sometimes feel like something isn't going to go away, these things never last forever. I'm Bipolar, have Generalized Anxiety Disorder along with Addiction Disorder and I've always found that talking to my Counselor about my issues helps a lot more than just taking medications and hoping for the best. Hopefully this helps you. Take care of yourself.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, maybe you're right. I'll have to go to the doctor soon to confirm it. Thanks again

• Edited

Try drinking a glass of hot adult formula milk 1 hour before sleep. It might help. If you could drink 2 glasses a day but space it out or you end up going to the toilet middle of the night.

Google how digital devices have blue light which disrupt sleep. Try install apps like twilight to switch your phone to block blue light and see if it helps. You could also try not to look at digital devices 1 to 2 hours before bed. It does disrupt your sleep. You might want to try getting a pair of block blue light glasses and wear it few hours before sleep. It will help.

Soak your feet in a small basin before bed in slightly hot water. It helps too.

Magnesium oil sleep spray also helps. Lack of Vitamin D can also affect sleep. You can try taking liquid vitamin D every morning but not afternoon or night as it will keep you awake.

• Posted

Hi i am currently 21 years old and in college. After reading your post, i have pretty identical symptoms to yours. I been having this excessive dreaming problem for nearly 9 months now where i see dreams every night that it leaves my sleep fragmented. i don't have problems falling asleep, i just have issues staying asleep which seems to be from the dreaming. My eyes feel weird, sore, and tired as if i havent slept in a long time. i dont doze of or anything becasue when i try to nap, i cant even nap. Have you found out what this is that were suffering from or any cure or anything that helped. Hope ur doing well and hope to hear from you soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.