I’m at a battle with myself

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I’m very new to this forum so hello!! 

I’m really just writing so I can understand how it FEELS to have ibd (chron’s). What it’s like when you wake up, after you eat, after you drink water, to exercise. How a typical day actually feels when you are living with this. 

I am at a battle with myself and have been for the past three years. I’ve always had ibs symptoms but it’s always been passed off as me being a “girl”. The last theee years it’s been considerably worse for me. I’m still liaising with a GP to find the root to my problems. There isn’t a day where I have formed stools. I’m constantly in pain when I wake up, I feel ill almost 90% of the time and I get affected by drinking water... although I have diarrhoea I have been clinically diagnosed with constipation. My stomach is hard but so tender.. I feel like I’m a walking corpse.. that’s the only way I can discribe it.. I look how I feel. 

Any help or insight on this topic would be greatly appreciated x

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You need to ask for a stool calprotectin test, a referral, colonoscopy and pillcam. Ibs and crohns are very similar but the calprotectin test will tell the difference as you will not have elevated levels if it’s ibs . It’s usuallu 50-100 if it’s ibs and anything above this is inflammation caused by anything from ibd to bowl infections . 
  • Posted

Second what’s already been said. Shoot for the calprotectein stool test first to get an initial idea, then colonoscopy & pill cam. And poss MRI & CT w/ contrast. Crohn’s is a slippery sucker to catch so keep pushing xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.