I'm at an all time low and don't know where else to turn

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive suffered with extreme PTSD with horribly cruel audio hallucinations I can't get under control. I was just diagnosed with major depressive disorder and feel like throwing in the towel as my birthday is next week and I have not one trace of energy or mental capacity to even care anymore. Can anyone relate?  I just can't live like this the rest of my life....devastated 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christina, try to hang in there I do understand somewhat because I suffer from PTSD flashbacks and nightmares that can be terrifying. The only way I cope is through seeing a PTSD trained counsellor who deals with assault as that's why I'm there in the 1st place. I have a really heightened, hypervigilent state of mind, what happened to me I couldn't repeat publicly. I've taken 10 months to trust my counsellor anyway. I'm scared to death. I have IBS on top so this has now flared up!!! Good luck chat to me again if you want?😀

• Posted

Thank you for responding.  I’m sorry to hear you suffer as much as you do as well.  I also have a big problem trusting counselors as I really got hurt by my last one.  What medications are you taking to help?  Mine don’t seem to be consistent in helping.  The worst part of my PTSD is hearing these horrible and terrifying voices who are all people I recognize.  It’s unbearably depressing.  Where are you from?
  • Posted

How are you doing now?
    • Posted

Thank you for asking.  I just cant snap out of realizing the fact that I’m going to only be 46 next week and will be stuck with these horrible voices that terrorize me, wake me up, have literally made me a very sad and hopeless feeling person.  How are you?
    • Posted

Hi Christina, as I said I have PTSD and luckily found a really great counsellor who stopped me from jumping 4 weeks back due to ill health. My problem is not voices but images of the 2 thugs that severely hurt me. The pain in my heart doesn't leave so I have been forced to deal with this through counselling. My counsellor pushes the boundaries to try to help, I normally sob my heart out most sessions. I don't take meds except for my IBS which is a serious thing. The stress kicks this off quite badly so I end up in pain most weeks. I have just learnt to cope with the pain. I only don't go if the pain whips up really badly. You need to look for someone called a psychodynamic counsellor or a counsellor who understands PTSD. I am really hypersensitive to noise so will flinch at the least noise. Good luck if you find my private page speak to me there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.