I'm at my wits end...

Posted , 3 users are following.

It's been about a year or so now since I started having these symptoms. The first ones I noticed was the sharp chest pains. I lift a lot at work so I figured it was related to that, but one day the pain was so intense I had a panic attack and Went to the er thinking it was my heart. The doctor did ekgs, blood work, and insisted everything looked great (I'm 28, female btw). I was diagnosed with chostochondritis.

i started taking Advil and it seemed to really help... then more symptoms started to come. My hands started hurting terribly bad, my right hand  so bad I thought I broke something somehow... and it was like that for a while... then stopped. I didn't think much of it, still. Then I realized over the past summer the red "butterfly" rash (at the time I thought it was just from the sun) and also what I thought to be sunburn on my chest. That was last June me now it's almost April- what I suspected to be from the sun is clearly not.i started to get pain where my right kidney is. Pain in my neck. Pain in my shoulders, ribs. It comes on every so often and I feel like I'm sick. Like I maybe have a touch of the flu on top of all these other symptoms that seemed to appear one by one but now when I get these flare ups are  at once and it's hell. I'm also so tired I can barely keep my eyes open at times.

the part tht really confuses me is that the symptoms all go away, seemingly on their own after suffering a week, or two weeks, and I feel fantastic. Like nothing ever happened. It's the most bizarre thing. The rashes don't completely go away but the pain and everything else does.  

i need to know if anyone has dealt with this type of situation? Is this sounding like chostochondritis or tietze or something more severe like lupus? 

Financially I'm in a tough spot, but I am very worried it seems like it's consuming my life. I'm just so scared of what it could be..

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi.

Rule out lyme and then lupus. Migratory pain is a hallmark of Lyme but at the same time there is no typical lyme, all patients have different symptoms but it does tend to cause one problem after another, never really letting up. Never feeling 100% but good and bad periods usually  worsened by female monthly cycles.   Lyme can cause auto immune disease but also be mistaken for auto immune disease. Butterfly rash is associated with lupus but always rule out lyme first using the two tiered testing from a lab that has the best sensitivity (research this). Lupus treatment would make lyme worse eventually and the lyme treatment would probably make lupus worse. Go to a doctor that has a clue about Lyme and how to rule it out properly. Then you can focus on lupus treatment if needs be. Getting sick with obscure symptoms and with no guidance from doctors is terrifying but you will get on the right path. Good luck. 

• Posted

Thanks jo Anne for this info, it definitely worsens the week before and week of my period- I actually meant to write that. Also, about a year ago I did get bit by chiggers from my ankle up my leg like crazy amounts from being in tall grass.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.