I'm baaaccckkkkkkkk!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been keeping everything 'under control' through DE......but now it just doesn't seem to be helping as much anymore.

Im 20 weeks pregnant, and starting to reallyyyy lose hope. Its been 5 or  6 months now this has been going on....

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Isn't pyrantel allowed in pregnancy? Don't think it's possible to get rid of them w I thought medication, even then it seems pretty hard. 
    • Posted

Pyrantel is not allowed for pregnancy, but I took it anyway. 5 bottles worth.

It doesn't work...

• Posted

Oh dear, really? How long did you leave in between the doses? Does your partner have them? Does he get treated? Could he be reinfect ins you?
    • Posted

This has been going on almost 6 months. I took the recommended dosages and just disregarded the fact it wasn't safe for pregnancy because I was so desperate

NO ONE in my family has gotten them from me. Not even my 3 year old!

• Posted

Thats bizarre as it's meant to be very contagious, have you tried giving up sugar completely? Unfortunately means reading ingredients on all the packaging. I recently discovered nearly all ready made soups have sugar added, things like curry and Chinese. Anyway sugar, that includes fruit and juice, apart from pineapple, anything flour based like bread pasta bakery, apparently potatoes feed them too and vitamin b and dairy and meat. Not sure how hard it'd be to cope with giving up food groups in pregnancy, but say giving up sugar will certainly be beneficial for both you and the unborn child. You could try eating raw carrot first thing in the morning as your breakfast, they say it's important carrot is eaten on its own and wait at least an hour before you eat anything else. Then you could follow by lots of pumpkin seeds. Supposed to expel and paralyse them respectively.

ive stopped sugar completely

• Posted

I think the carrot and pumpkin seeds breakfast diet is supposed to reduce the numbers but you'd have to stick to it for a v long time and it must be hard when you are pregnant, but worth giving a go

also there's a herb elecampane, it's supposed to be a natural anti worm remedy, though need to research if ok in pg, also turmeric, oregano, garlic and cayenne pepper, include them in your diet every day it'll also keep the numbers down. Clove black walnut and wormwood haven't helped me at all. Oh and if you give up dairy you can still eat lots of natural yogurt you'll get calcium with that. 

What did your gp say?

interesting..everyone criticises mebendazole but apparently pyrantel doesn't work either

• Posted

My doctor said I don't have them. But I know I do.

I am on an 80% sugar free diet. I don't drink fruit juices, eat fruit, sweets , but I do take in a lot of carbs. Its the only way I can feel full.

I have tried the raw carrot and just about every herb you listed. I even tried epazote which i must say is probably the most effective, though it isn't safe for pregnancy and can cause contractions.

Oh, and I see that they cause b12 deficiency. It causes white spots on my skin and cuts that dont heal. So sure enough my doc drew my blood and I am b12 deficient, gave me a shot and wont look deeper into the issue apparently because im delusional....

I wonder if im stuck with this for life??

• Posted

I'm sure you are not, it's just a difficult time. Th herbs didn't do anything for me at all but it gets a bit better when I cut out carbs and breakfast is only raw carrot followed by pumpkin seeds and like that for weeks, but I can't last more than 2-3 weeks, I've already lost nearly a stone in weight through selective eating trying to get rid of them. I think it's just very hard and may take a very long time and lots of repeated deworming. Do you still get mature ones that lay eggs or just dots? I haven't seen big ones for about 5 weeks but get lots of dots on my underwear and it itches, I can feel when they are coming out and crawling around my buttocks. Think they also be mebendazole resistant but then you haven't even tried mebendazole...
    • Posted

I don't think so...I don't see anything on my underwear.

I just can feel little tickles around my butt and vagina.

I don't think there is any way I could go on a very strict diet. I'm constantly hungry as it is and have taken a zillion things that are not safe for pregnancy so I don't want to screw up this baby anymore than I already have.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.