I’m back after several treatments, but my symptoms remain

Posted , 4 users are following.

My symptoms started with my first kidney stone April 2nd, which was misdiagnosed in ER as a UTI. No more symptoms at all until April 26th, which was discovered I had a 4 mm stone. Urologist decided to do a uteroscopy, although I told her that the pain was better, I just had burning urination and pain into my left labia(which I had never had until the kidney stone issue) then during the procedure noticed that the stone was gone. She put a stent in because I had one spot of inflammation that was causing obstruction. Two days after stent was out, the symptoms returned. I went back in for a renal ultrasound and vaginal ultrasound due to a mass that was discovered earlier. The renal showed mild pelvocaliectasis bilaterally, but no blockage. I ended up having a laparoscopy to remove the mass, and my symptoms have returned. Through this whole ordeal I have always tested negative for UTI. I am at a loss and sick of being in pain. Has anyone been through this? Sorry this is so long, TIA!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am a veteran of 8 stone surgeries. I am a guy, and my case is different from yours, but one recommendation I will pass on is to get a referral to a nephrologist. If you are getting your program suggested by a urologist, I will point out that urologist are trained as surgeons. Nephrologist are trained in the functioning and maintenance of the kidneys. After I finally saw a nephrologist I have never had another stone once I got on the protocol and meds he suggested to me.

I will also add that in my 35 years of sharing war stories with other chronic kidney stone producers, a common complaint is a difficulty in getting down their 8 glasses of water a day to insure proper hydration. I have finely found a fortified water product I can easily get my 8 glasses a day. It’s called Bai. You can get it at most groceries I’ve checked. I think their secret is the mouth feel.

• Posted

Holy moley! Are they positive the stone was gone? You would probably of known if you passed a stone of that size. I have never heard of anyone struggling so much and not knowing the reason. Maybe you should get a second opinion. Two opinions are better than one. You are in my thoughts...please post an update. I certainly hope you get an answer soon. Keep the faith and stay strong!
  • Posted

+1 for seeing a nephrologist. They know a lot more about this stuff than a urologist. Urologists are all about the plumbing. Nephrologists actually figure out whats causing the clog.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.