I'm back again!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi as anyone who follows the chats on here will recognise I ask for help/advise when my partner is having an episode!!

What I want to know is when I can see his behaviour changing & leading up to an episode what can I do if anything to prevent it happening 

Also this happens every 3/4 months but I don't understand why? 

He's never violent or aggressive just blanks me out of his life , blocks me from calling/txt 

I'm concerned as he's booked 3 trips abroad on his own !!! 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Need to get him to a doctor to see what he has.  With bi polar and manic depression we tend to block out others it's no offense on thier part but meds help out with this. Not all but some do.  Talking to a therapist is also a recommended.    I just join hope others reply to help.   

• Posted

Hi I'm in the same position with my bf, I would like the same thing. He's  giving me the silent treatment at the minute been like this for two months, suddenly cut me off all communication but keeps unblocking and blocked me on Facebook, no idea what is going through his mind. He's not on meds but says he knows he is bipolar. He was quiet before this episode but wouldn't talk.

• Posted

I have recentlly been diagnosed as bipolar so I am the patient here; I feel that I can give you some light here.

Bipolar cycles from extreme ups to extreme downs.

During the extreme downs you feel like you cannot face anyone or anything so you withdraw from all contact and probably sleep for around 18 hours a day.

When I am down I am sleeping in my clothes, not showering, not answering the door, not answering the phone, and not opening mail. Some people get suicidal and/or homicidal thoughts as well but not me.

When I am up I want to conquer the whole world and nothing is impossible for me!

I am a baby boomer and this generation is nNATURALLY ten feet tall and bulletproof, so once you add manic to that it becomes a dangerous thing.

Medication helps to smooth out those peaks; the lows are less low and the highs are less high to give a more "normal" range.

Things that have helped me stabilisr: a healthy diet, calming soothing music, mindfulness, taking a shower daily no matter how bad I feel, wal;king the dofg daily (exercise), and keeping things simple.

So those are insights from a bipoar baby boomer, hope they help!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.