I'm back again

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone I've been on this forum quite a few times with being scared of pancreatic cancer. i have had systomps for stool changes (yellow or any various of brown) and also so some back and upper left abdomen discomfort here and there, nothing that puts me in bad pain. I have had these symptoms for about 16 - 17 months. i have had blood work in between and a ultrasound in the beginning... every time my blood is clear i get the "your healthy as they come" but i can't shake my fear.. I have had these symptoms for about 16 - 17 months. i have had blood work in between and a ultrasound in the beginning...

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Buddy i am also in the same boat. I have loss of appetite and sometimes occuring abdominal pain for the past 3 weeks. Physician just gave a liver appetizer and doesn't seem concerned. Advised to have a liver function test after few days. But i have the unending fear of Stomach cancer everyday ruining my life. I feel death is slowly approaching me and I can't do anything. even my parents don't seem concerned and they just say it's all due to your wrong time eating habit.

• Posted

and I'm only 19.

• Posted

i can understand that to the "T".. my family thinks all just eating habits but i disagree too. what are your exact symtomps?

• Posted

Sounds like IBS symptoms. What has your doctor suggested? Have you had stool tests, endoscopy/colonoscopy? Tell your doctor your worries. ask him to disprove them one by one. I did this and it helped me get a diagnosis. Believe your doctor's reassurances.

• Posted

sounds like you're a bit of a hypochondriac which is fine obviously. I mean I think we all are to an extent since we're on here. If you've had multiple blood tests done and this has been ongoing for 18 months then you're fine. They would have picked up on liver cancer with a blood test or at least picked up on something that would have resulted in more tests being done. You're also 23.. relax a little. The odds of having liver cancer at 23 are roughly the same as winning the lottery. Sure it can happen but highly unlikely. Like you said the pain is minor which means it's probably a digestive thing. Could very well be acid reflux. Which is non life threatening. Just annoying. Plus you had an ultrasound that would have picked it up. I would say you are most likely very healthy and are just overthinking this. Try and relax and enjoy life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.