I'm Back and Oh BOY Worse than Ever

Posted , 2 users are following.

I know that some of you mite remember me. Surgery was in December But quick recal, Rectocele Cystocele sugery. Problems started day after Surgery.  Perineum stiches split open, deep inside stitch came out when I coughed. I bleed profusely with major pain I called Doctor, with no response .after a couple months I also got a post op infection. Vaginitis.. YUK!!!!! BAD Bad Bad   OK so update:  The cystocele is a complete FAIL I pee my pants now more than I ever did, Just getting up from a sitting.   Now for Rectocele Mutilation: Right inside my vagina seems pretty solid with scare tissue, YEAH right? NOPE!!!!  So I guess here is my question, Now when I try to Poo I can't!!! then After what was thought by Doctors to be intestinal block.... I finally put my hand down there to investigate, Vagina is not bulging. OK smile   how Ever reaching down, it felt like a baby was crowning through my Perineum. pushing on it feels so thin like a balloon and in the middle of this balloon thin skin, I can feel even thinner skin, a hole about the size of a nickle. WTF??? So in order to Poo I have to push this area of crowning, it's like having a Perineum poop baby. TMI                            Any thoughts Andrea                                                          

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

andrea I do remember you but what a dreadful time you've had. Can I ask are you in the UK? It's just that will help with my response 
  • Posted

Andrea I remember prior to my rectocele repair I had the same problem when trying to have my bowels opened, it's awful I know. I do know a lot of ladies have the same problem. The advice is don't get constipated but I also know that doesn't help. Obviously your rectocele has failed as well as the cystocele repair. The reason I asked where you lived was because as you know we have our NHS so a General Practitioner would refer us to a Urogynaecologist often the one who performed the original surgery or if we weren't happy about that then it would be another Urogynaecologist. I know in the US urologists often perform this operation. Is there any chance you can be referred because your quality of life is badly affected by this? 
    • Posted

I did get another doctor, he is awesome... I have to see him this coming Friday. What I dont understand is inside my vagina on the bottom is healed pretty good. Is this a Perineum repair fail. This is new to me. The Perineum thing.... It does not bulge out inside just outside. 
    • Posted

It's hard for me to say andrea without seeing it. I think you just need to see your doctor on Friday but if the bulge is outside it could be a rectocele prolapse.
    • Posted

It feels like Im losing my mind... I will for sure let you know what the Doc says.

• Posted

I feel for you. I hope your new dr is wise, skilled, and kind. All these issues I still find difficult and humiliating... I sometimes think the drs gloss over failure rates and other problems. At least my colorectal surgeon did when he injected Botox to try heal a fissure. It left me with permanent sphincter damage much to his surprise. It's just another part of why my pelvic floor is in rough shape. My point is just that I'm really appreciative of patients telling their stories here and supporting one another. Thank you. I hope  you get answers - correct ones! - and pls share update. Good luck!
    • Posted

I kinda wonder if my Perineum blow out mite be a damaged anal sphincter as well... It's so crazy... I have had three leaky moments. YUK!  I can not tell how strange it feels to put your hand down there and feel what feels like a baby crowning. Huge buldge. Not inside my vagina just the Perineum. If I push on it the crap just flows. LOL 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.