I'm becoming increasingly scared that I might have mouth cancer

Posted , 6 users are following.

Several sign have led me to believe that I could possibly have mouth cancer. I don't have pictures at the moment but I will take some later. For now all I can do is describe the symptoms.

1. Quite some time ago I began to feel several lumps under my tongue. I can't see them in mirror because of their location, but they feel quite large and vary in size and shape (mainly circular).

2. My tongue and uvula now touch (before this they didn't), and my tongue no longer rests in the bottom of my mouth, instead it now rests against the roof of my mouth.

3. The floor of my mouth feels asymmetrical, the right side feels much higher than the left.

4. I spoke to a doctor a while ago and she commented that there was a lot of redness, but told me it was probably allergies (but remember I can't even see the growths).

5. One of my lymphnodes on the right side of my neck seems to be perpetually swollen, and the area of my neck below my chin and jaw look puffed up like a frog neck (I can't feel anying solid).

6. The bottom of my tongue looks almost transparent (the big blue blood vessels are very visible).

I will post photos as soon as possible.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Jim,

Sorry that you're dealing with this, but no one on this site can diagnose cancer.  You will need to go to your dentist, if your doctor's not taking you seriously.  Best of luck to you.

• Posted

Hi Jim,

Do not delay getting help.Your dentist is the best bet as they are experienced at spotting mouth cancers and other problems too.

If it is cancer the sooner it is diagnosed the better for you.

Mike.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.