I'm concerned I have Angina?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have an upcoming appt to rule out cardiac issues, however I thought angina and I thought maybe even costochondritis? It frustrating because i can’t reproduce the pain - Ive had this about 3 weeks?  I only get the twinges of pain (right in the center of my chest/sternum) when walking into work. It’s about a 5 min walk and has a few small hills and inclines. I usually get out of breath (which is normal for me) and i am carrying some extra bags other than my purse. The pain lasts like a literally a split second and then it’s gone until I walk back to my car after work. I may get 2 or 3 quick jabs of pains during my walk. At times the pain can take my breathe away because I dont know when its coming?  I get no warning its coming or radiating pain?  If i try to press my ribs i don’t really have any pain? I only get the pain when walking into work and getting out of breath? The cold winter air makes it worse - which makes me fear angina?? I moved/pulled our heavy trampoline across our yard about a month ago and wonder if that activity isn’t the cause? I didn’t have any pain at that time though? Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

?Always get chest pain looked at, which by the sounds of it you are. Everyone here seems to experience angina symptoms a bit differently but there is a general pattern with the every day type angina. there's around 5 different types of angina, you have the predictable type, you have the unstable type and then you start getting into the other 3 types which are very hard to have diagnosed, they are Prinzmetal angina, MVD and what's called syndrome X. The first 2 types are easily distinguishable and can be diagnosed with almost 100% confidence .

?You say you moved a heavy trampoline, there's several things you may have done, I'm not a doctor or medical related person, but you could of simply just pulled/strained a muscle all the way down Rhabdomyolysis  or a pulmonary embolism. I was diagnosed with a pulmonary embolism 9 months ago, I didn't have the " text " book type symptoms, I only had my normal angina chest pain (coronary artery spasms) and quite a lot of breathlessness but I only just put that down to my spasms getting worse as this occurred in our winter time last year. I also was diagnosed but not with 100% certainty of Rhabdomyolysis, same thing with me, only presented with my typical angina pain.

?I'd stick with your plan and get it all checked out and if your wait is a long wait, try not to worry and always remember to go to emergency if chest pain comes on.

• Posted

Hi there I know what ur going though and how u feel .... been in  a and e a few times over the passed 5 weeks chest pain on and of lightheaded and breathlessness .... it seems to get worst on any movement and over time the episode r getting daily now .... blood and ecg fine now waiting for a 7 day monitor to be fitted and ct scan 

Angina I don't know it is worrying 

Thanks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.