I m Confused

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello lovely ladies,I m a bit confused,I havnt had any sign of a period for four months,then two days ago it think a period has started,buts hardly worth it,it's very but more like you get at the end of a period not really blood as such,sorry to go into so much detail but my question is do I count it as a period? I ve had the back ache palps and anxiety and a general period feeling x

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I would still count it as a period even though its very light. I was late starting my last period 2 weeks ago. It was extremely light and lasted 3/4 days. I thought great they are starting to disappear now. Oh was i wrong! Monday of this week i started yet another period! Ive always been every 26/28 days so it was a shock that i started again not 2 weeks after my last period. This one is an average bleed but no signs of stopping at the moment. My body is definitely on the change.

I was so hoping i was about to start missing periods too sad

The joys........!!

• Posted

Hi Elaine,thank you for replying,i was hoping I was well on my way to menopause because I d missed four months,it looks like I ll have to wait a little longer.The joys of being a women 😏x
  • Posted

Hi fudgebear 

Thats what happened to me a couple of weeks ago. It started on a Sunday I felt really nauseated sick to my stomach and then a little bit of bleeding not much but a little with some anxieties here and there and the stool problem 

I think I had myself a little period just a little one then it went away five days later 

You could have had a little period and yes it can happen in menopause 

• Posted

Hi Susan,thanks for your reply,I ve had all the backache and I feel light headed just not much to show for my pain,one day we will be free lol xx
    • Posted

I had a lot of pain on my left side lower left side when i was bleeding 

It went away and i felt nauseated all over two weeks ago just not myself 

• Posted

I'm past menopause but can tell you that this is normal and you start counting again. Sorry. During perimenopause, periods will be so erratic and that can last a long time. Sometimes they're really heavy and sometimes light. Whenever I missed 3 in a row, I had to call the doctor's office and they called in progesterone. That made me start. That went on for about 2 years! When I took progesterone and still didn't start, then we started the countdown. So you might need to let your doctor know when you miss 3 in a row.
    • Posted

Hi Becky,I told my doctor I d missed 4 periods,she said just said the only we worry is if you bleed after you dvd finished for a year.i had a blood test for hormones and she said they re fine!!! I can't believe that's right.I ve felt really dizzy the last couple of days,I already some from vertigo because of a problem with my inner ear.I m trying to stay positive but it's all starting to get to me.Thanks Becky I ll start counting again 😁xx
    • Posted

Hard to know what "fine" means with regard to your hormones. For what it's worth, and I'm not a doctor, just someone who has had a long journey with perimenopause and menopause, you are probably in perimenopause. Progesterone is the hormone that causes the uterine lining to shed causing a period. During peri, if you ovulate but then don't produce enough pregesterone to have a period, then it stays in there and builds up. I can tell you from experience that this happened to me many times. I would miss periods and then take progesterone and have one. Meaning, the lining had built up but i wasn't shedding it. But you can very possibly have lots of physical symptoms with perimenopause. We women are tough! I did not take HRT. I didn't want the risk that might go along with them. DIzzyness is probably the inner ear again.
    • Posted

Thanks Becky,that's really helped me understand what is going on in my body,the doctors don't explain anything and sometimes there's o much information on google it makes my head spin.I don't want to take Hrt as there is breast cancer in the family,but it helps to understand.Are you feeling better now? Are you in Menapause still? Xx
    • Posted

Glad I could help. I found that if you google too much, you can find so much bad information. I did that it had had me scared to death! And you are right, the doctors seem so busy pushing patients in and out that they don't explain things on our level. One more thing, you might not be ovulating every month anymore. If you don't, you won't have a period. That's perimenopause and can last for years. My peri stage lasted probably 4 years! I am now post menopause and much better. But I didn't have many of the bad symptoms of menopause that a lot of women have. Mine were manageable so I just pushed through.  

• Posted

Dear fudgeybear

My periods went from not having them for six weeks to having one for two weeks, well you couldnt class it as one as it seemed to be just abit of spotting,then it stopped for a day and then i had it again for a couple of weeks, so it seemed that the whole month was taken up with it. It was so frustrating as i just wanted it to be a normal period and not this drawn out business! Then i think it went to a long gap again.! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.