I'm considering a 2nd open myomectomy...

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I had an open myomectomy in Dec. 2018 when I was 30. There were 21 fibroids of all sizes removed ( I looked as if I was 6 months pregnant). At my 6 month check up I had 5 growths in normal range. I had surgery to preserve fertility, I had a great doctor, and I don't regret it one bit. However, my husband and I did not end up getting pregnant by choice and life circumstances. Fast forward to now at age 34...in a place to begin family planning and I had some pain a couple of months ago and had ultrasounds done and I still have 5 but they have grown so my uterus is about 3 months pregnant. My best option in a 2nd myomectomy and then planning to get pregnant 6 months after. Just wondering if anyone has had 2 myomectomies and had a successful pregnancy thereafter?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sounds like bacterial infection infused with these Fibroids. The bacterial aspect makes spots and illnesses worse as agitation can cause things to become worse. Its an enemy which goes away with a gruelling regime. You need antibiotics plus another surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.