I'm constantly bloated what do I do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. I'm eighteen and have polycystic ovarian syndrome. I've been dealing with it officially diagnosed since thirteen. I've always struggled with finding proper medication for the acne and testosterone and depression it would cause me. I think I'm in a stable place medicine wise, but something has been happening this past year that has made me extremely self conscious and depressed with my body image. I used to love how I looked, but I've been stuck. For about a year now I've had extreme bloating everyday. I wake up with it and randomly get it after and walking everyday. I'm in pain with cramps a lot of the day. I take pills for it, I take gas and lactose pills as well. I only drink lactose milk. Yet this has never been a problem before. I hypothyroidism, cystic acne, PCOS, depression, anxiety, and PTSD. I guess what I wanted to know was, if any of this is what's messing with my stomach. It hurts a lot and scares me. I'm not sure if I have a cyst or what I should do. I hate how I look now and all my clothes have gotten stretched because of the bloating. What should I do? I just want to feel better.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You need to talk to a gynaecologist about this and get examined as soon as they can let you. But try and make a telephone appointment to explain your symptoms. It doesn't sound like lactose intolerance and if you are having cramps every day that is not normal even with PCOS. If your clothes are getting stretched with the bloating that is something you need to get examined. Are the anti gas tablets and lactose tablets helping? If they aren't there is no point taking them. Do you have any family history with health problems, particularly in the females?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.