I'm depressed because I'm fat.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 5'5 weighing in about 176lbs.

I'm so fat!

But last week I was 170lbs.

I've been exercising for 2 weeks!

Instead of losing lbs, I Gained? The Hell!? How is that Possible!?

I've been eating less.

Just 2 tortillas a day, about 250 calories each

Beans, maybe 400 each serving (2 a day)

Cheese, maybe 500 calories in total

Sardines, 2 times day, and that's around 600 calories give or take.

and eggs, 2 whole. With tomato. Maybe 200.

-1000 calories I burn from the gym

like wtf man! I need anxiety!

When I had anxiety, I lost 20 lbs.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

At 5'5 176 You're not fat trust me. I'm 5'5 and weigh way more than you not going to say. Little over 200. I'm not a very good eater by any means but eating tortillas and cheese you have to look what is in them as well. Carbs. Lower you're carb intake. More protein. such as fish. I like baked chicken but when I season it I just put pepper on it. I don't put salt on my food because of sodium reasons. To much sodium retains water. You're not fat.

• Posted

hi i think you might be under estimate calorie intake, also depends on how much you exercise and type , muscle is heavier than fat . also if on meds can make weight loss harder. less carbs protein and fibre ,just google to find out what you need, im not an expert i suffer with ed so have done s**t loads of research and input from dietician.a good wholesome breakfast ie porridge they reckon most important meal of day and drink lots of water

• Posted

Even if I under estimate, I won't be off by 1000s of calories. I'd be off by a few hundred. Let's say total intake is 2600, -1000 from the gym, that still puts me me at 1600 calories a day intake. Well below what I need, of 1800 calories to lose weight. To keep functioning well, my body needs 2300 calories. So to lose 1lb a week I need 1800 a day, and to gain 1 lb, I need to eat 2800 caloriesa day.

• Posted

Your BMI is 29.3 which you could class as "overweight" but not obese. I am heavier than that 230 odd lbs with a BMI tapping in 37 classed as Obese.

Stop the calorie counting and work on portion control. Also you say about gym what is it you are doing at the gym? Cardio or Strength?

You will gain muscle which does weigh more than fat so it is also wise to take measurements around your stomach, waist even arms and thighs.

Anxiety has done the opposite for me, well the medication (sertraline) I have put on 20lbs + in the time I have being on them.

• Posted

I do very intensive cardio. Feel super good. I'm not in any medication that's why. I hated anxiety so much I want it to get rid of with by running and working out. It got really low to the point I don't feel it unless I focus on it. Then I feel heart palpitations at most. Anyways, I used to train so hard and I lost 20 lbs. Then I got a job, started eating like an animal, junk food and stuff but it was heavy work so I gained muscle. I feel stronger but look fatter. I feel really strong. I used to be able to only carry 48 water bottles with struggle. Now I can carry 70 with Ease! I feel so Good! But my belly is fat.. and my face. Have to work on it. and hang on in there, get off the meds and try the natural way of getting rid of anxiety. Use anxiety to your advantage.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.