I'm depressed its been a month and couple of weeks

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys i been in this group for a while asking advice's to my current situation. I done perianal abscess incision and drainage a month ago, on my discharge i was given tablets for pains nothing no dressing or visit local clinic for dressing. Well after couple of days the cut was leaking something watery that's when i started to join this chat group for advice. I go buy antibiotics in chemist but they didn't resolve anything i go back to the hospital where the incision was done and explain the situation. Here's the situation now where I'm having a cut is no longer leaking watery substance it leaks thick puss. Sometimes the cut is swollen and painful when i finish toilet the anal wall where the feaces becomes very soar burning i even struggle to walk it as if theres something like a ball inside my buttocks wants to come out. This something stays in different position inside my buttocks its painful. After explaining to the surgeon they look at my cut drain it by hand and they said they see nothing wrong, they gave me a date for a check plus pain blocks and pavodine iodine. Nothing changes to the situation im experiencing pains whilst i wait for a date of check up. Some who got a knowldge or been in a same situation please adviceg

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

  • Posted

    I would go back to your GP and ask them for advice. After abscess incision and drainage I had the wound packed daily but then had to have it done again as the outsude healed before inside did. I had mine packed with aquacel everyday by nurse but every surgeon is different and some don't recommend packing, are you from UK too? as I think different drs and hospitals have different procedure

    • Posted

      I'm from RSA tuliep, and what about the horrible pain I'm experiencing after toilet

  • Posted

    It could be a fistula, they sometimes develop after an abscess, internet search 'fistula-in-ano' on your search engine then ask your surgeon 

  • Posted

    Hello!! sorry to hear that you're still suffering from your abscess. To cure a fistula, you need to see a Doctor or be referred to a surgeon. I'm not an expert but It's only minor surgery......

  • Posted

    Hi! Hope you're better and things are improving for you.

    • Posted

      Thnx alot tuliep i take yo advice very seriously im in hospital done surgery of fistula im waiting r de doctor to give me feedback.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.