I’m desperate!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I fell on 01/03/18 & had surgery 01/09/18 to repair fracture of distal radius & no repair to Ulna. I had seven pins & a plate made of titanium. It took longer to heal but at 12 weeks, I felt better than I do now. Week 13, I started having swelling of both forearms though it was worse on the fractured arm. Now, all these weeks later, the pain & swelling & fluid in the right arm is intense. The left arm is sympathic. Has anyone else experienced this? I went to my GP who sent me to a rheumatologist who sent me back to him. Any suggestions? I’m miserable! 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

How old are you Susan ? Just asking as wondered why you were sent to a rheumatologist? I really feel  for you. I’m 2 years post distal radius fracture and after 2 ops have still very limited range of movement.  Treatment options have failed and for me this is it now. 

Is your arm sensitive to touch? Along with the swelling and pain does it have a sometimes mottled look? Did you have physio after your Op? If didn’t why not? What’s your range of movement now? 

Sorry lots of questions but they are relevant. X

• Posted

I am late 60’s. I did have therapy but found it useless. Started my own strength exercises and have regained full use & range of motion. 

No mottled look but very painful. Sometimes red & warm. I ordered a blood test to rule out DVT. But don’t have the results yet. Seeing ortho surgeon Monday. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.