I'm diagnosed with Addison's disease last week.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm a naval officer n last few months started to develop black pigmentation on my knuckles elbows and had slight light headedness. Consulted a endocrinologist n he advised few blood tests. The results were really shocking as my acth was 1064 and 8am cortisol was 6.35.Together with I had high 6.5 potassium ,1.7crestinine.So endocrinologist immediately put me on HISONE 10mg at 7am and 5mg at 4pm.He also referred me to nephrologist who put be on 100mcg of fludrocortisol. This week I'm feeling a little better. Another issue was of protein leak in my urine sample. But doctor didn't give much importance to this protein leak. Can some one kindly give some details regarding protein leak in urine. I hope my dark pigmentation will gradually become normal over a period of time with medication. Looking forward to hearing from you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear you have Adisowns. .I also have it the dark patches on me went so hopefully yours will too..protein in urine cold be nothing if doctor not bothered give yourself time for your body to adjust then have another urine test to see if it has normalised...
  • Posted

Hi Shiva

On the positive side, you've been diagnosed without ending up in ER with an adrenal crisis first!

Protein in urine can mean diabetes melitus but, as your endocrine system is u/s, it is more likely to be 'collateral damage'! But best to ask your GP/MO for a another blood test in 3 months or so.

• Posted

I should add that just because you are on meds now does not mean you'll never have an adrenal crisis, because it doesn't. It is just less likely and when it does happen, you and the ER team will know what is going on.

Presumably your endo has told you about wearing a dog-tag or bracelet and keeping your own injection kit handy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.