I'm drinking as I write this

Posted , 7 users are following.

And have been since 07:30am. Not a great deal, just over a bottle of wine. I haven't done this for a couple of years but when I woke up it was as if my mind had already been made up. I'm not drunk, I'm not enjoying it, so wtf?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

So you were dry for a couple of years and decided you wanted to have a few this morning? 
    • Posted

It may be that you had alcohol deprivation from Dry January. That can cause people to drink more than they did before, which might lead you to wanting a drink the next morning. Are you looking to cut down on your drinking?
  • Posted

There must have been something that triggered this, if it is not a routine thing and it doesn't sound like you are alcohol dependent. Has something depressed you recently?
    • Posted

I am alcohol dependent. I drink every day but not usually at 07:30 am
  • Posted

Hi primros. Do you mean you haven't drank wine for 2 years or that you haven't drank wine first thing in the morning since then? Something must have happened to make you do this. We are all hear to help. Sending you lots of love C xx
    • Posted

Hello. You have hit the nail on the head. I have drunk every day for the last couple of months, just not at 07:30
    • Posted

What happened about two months ago, was there a certain event?
  • Posted

Hello Primrose,

I don't know what is wrong, but you seem to want to block it out, by drinking wine...into oblivion.  Please try to stop while you can get to your bed, safely.   I am thinking of you and wishing you well.  I am a friend you do not know, yet.  If you can remember...have water to drink, later.  Let me know how you are feeling.  I am just another person who drinks too much.  I am trying to cut down, using medication.  

Take care,

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

I have been drinking excessively for more than 20 years. I can and have stopped for months at a time. I did dry Jan this year. I have a wonderful husband, that I lie to / hide the extent of my alcohol consumption from. I work full time and have a lovely home. I don't know why I drink
    • Posted

You are not alone.  I have been drinking excessively for more than 20 years, as well.  I once stopped for nearly 2 years...after health problem, then gradually slipped back.  Grief was that trigger in starting again.  I drink because I am unhappy. I have been hiding and struggling for so long.  I have many good things in my life but I am a lone, inside-myself, unhappy soul. Alcohol simply makes me feel better. Except when overdone...that's another dimension. I am taking Selincro, now.  I am very hopeful of control of myself, again.

Alonangel

• Posted

Would do a private pm but don't know how. Others told me but doesn't seem to work! Though can answer if someone sends me one! X
    • Posted

Paper, you should be able to click the envelope below the name of the person you want to PM. Then a new page will open with a box to type your message into. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.