I m experienced nausea ,is it a common menopausal symptoms?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I m 52 years old ,my period is irregular for almost a year now.i had the last one 3months ago.i went to hospital 3weeks ago because of severe nausea ending by vomiting.i spent a day there then went back to normal now I'm experiencing dizziness ,nausea  accompanied by hot flashes at the upper part of my body.unfortuately I was a panic attack patient 20 yrs ago  and I had experienced hot flashes during the attacks so I can t differentiate between the two hot flashes .what is annoying me the most is the nausea and I couldn't eat normally .please help I feel I'm dying and crying all the time .

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Randa, just a thought that might help, but has anyone checked your estradiol and progesterone levels?   Nausea can be caused by too much estrogen in relationship to progesterone.  If you aren't having regular periods, you probably aren't ovulating.  Your ovaries could be pushing off estrogen, but you lack the progesterone.  Progesterone usually has a calming effect.  For some women TOO calming.  

Just a thought from one meno warrior to another.  

• Posted

You r not alone am dere every mth as clock work try an tell youself its jus hormones an u r good..take care
  • Posted

Hi randa your not on your own I have been through that early this year for months day-to-day I'm now much better it's all menopause so don't worry it will stop just eat small meals you can and will get through it ok.

• Posted

thank you very much dear Maria ,really your reply made me relieved after being crying all the time not understanding what s going on specially I m a panic attack's patient since years .

• Posted

Hi again I did a lot of crying to my self during perimenopause all the support from this site and another got me through it ... Panic attacks are terrible but they stop you will find with time it will subside.
    • Posted

Receiving answer from you and others help me to calm down really thank you .
  • Posted

i get this now toom im 42 and it sucks. i have zofran that i take some morbings when i just cant take it. i have been getting horrible stabbing gas pains in my stomach. hurts so bad. just ready fo it to be over. i also felt dizzy and off balance for 10 months. the past week i notice its not as bad. i hope yoi feel better
    • Posted

Thanks  a lot Kim I m much better but still afraid to get the attack any time really it made me feel terrible .i wish I could cope with this menopausal symptoms .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.